(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Fifty-Four: Second Chance

Where Skylar sat in on the floor, back in Idris and still holding her brother's hand tightly and him squeezing it back. She looked up to see Maryse, Robert, Helen, Emma, Aline...all of them staring and of course they suddenly were ready to attack. "Don't you even think about it...." Skylar said quickly, feeling her wings flutter gently, the once golden wings were stained with blood. Isabelle watched, her heart sunk as she slowly realized that Simon was not here.

The deal that was made for Magnus's father to take Simon's immortality and memories...hurt hr the most. She didn't deserve this, she fell in love and this is what happened to her? She sat down on the floor beside Skylar and gulped as she looked at Jonathan who was slowly recovering. "He's not Sebastian, that bastard is dead. This is Jonathan Morgenstern.."

"The boy who wasn't given a chance to live his life." Skylar finished off, exchanging looks with Isabelle before smiling faintly. "And today, he gets one...."

"The Clave won't allow-" Robert began to say but Maryse had cut him off quickly.

"They'll have to or else they'll look bad. They gave the members of the Circle a second chance, either they deny it...and they would have to fight against-" Maryse paused, she was in shock seeing Skylar who was an angel right now...an actually breathing angel. "An angel....."

~

It took a while convincing the Clave, and to Skylar's surprise...it worked out in her favor. She was glad, see it gave her a chance to actually get to know her brother this time. Isabelle and Skylar were patching up Jonathan's wound that was taking a while to heal...the Lightwood was pure silent...in the same room as the man who killed her little brother. "I am sorry, Isabelle. I wish I could take back everything..." Jonathan began to say, Izzy nodded slowly.

"What was it like? Being that monster?" She asked out of curiosity, plus she wanted to start some sort of conversation with...Jonathan. She found this odd, how much Jonathan was like Skylar than she expected.

"I couldn't speak, my mind...everything was corrupted. I had no choice or say about anything...." Jonathan said honestly, groaning when he felt his pain. "Why won't you use a rune on me?" He asked

"Because you need to heal like normal....I chose it that way." Skylar replied, she wasn't going to let this all be easy for him. He was going to have to earn trust and everything else in this world. Jace and Alec had walked into the infirmary, with clothes that was placed onto the bed. "Get changed, and stay here. I need to say goodbye to the Blackthorns. I will be right back, don't do anything or say something stupid. Alec and Isabelle will watch over you..." Before you know it Skylar and Jace had left to say their goodbye's to the Blackthorns leaving the Lightwoods alone with Jonathan.

"He's not that bad." Isabelle said honestly, shrugging and referring to Jonathan who listened and watched. "If he wasn't known as Sebastian...he would have gotten along great with us."

"With you, not with me. It would be like having another Jace just ten times worse." Alec mumbled under his breath glancing at Jonathan who stood up and walked away to change in the bathroom.

"Is he here?" Joceyln asked stepping inside with Magnus and Luke both with her, she wanted to see her son and be able to speak to him. "If you guys don't mind, I'll stay here and watch him with Luke. You two can go." She added, Isabelle and Alec exchanged looks before they left with Magnus.

"Do you think this a good idea?" Alec asked the warlock, a lot has happened and now things were going back to normal he wondered how he felt.

"I think Skylnn thinks with her heart, which is something I have always loved about her. Since when has my pumpkin been wrong?" Magnus said with a slight shrug, he looped his arm around Alec's moving closely to him. "But you know what matters now? We are finally free from this all."

"Yeah..." Isabelle said with a slight smirk, she knew something...that others didn't. She noticed that a lot more was off about Skylar than everyone thought...and had to make sure her theory was right. "I need to get Simon back....you two are finally back together..."The two lovebirds exchanged confused looks before looking at Isabelle who continued to smirk.

Skylar watched the Blackthorns plus Emma and Julian leave, her wings were hidden from everyone and she wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him. "It's done....over.." She whispered, Jace chuckled softly kissing the top of her head.

"I heard your screams from where everyone was. By the angel, that was awful. I don't know whether or not you were under attack or dying. It was the worse thing I ever had to endure, leaving you all alone." Jace whispered, gently rubbing her back and she once again shivered.

"Jace we are finally free... and I am relieved..." She hugged him tightly and buried her face into his shirt. "I love you."

"I love you too."

~

"Mother?" Jonathan said as he walked back into the infirmary, in brand new clothes. He was a completely different person and it was so amazing to see this. The demon blood was what turned him into nothing but a monster, yet without it...he was the son she has always wanted and wished she had at the very beginning. "I wasn't expecting you."

"I wanted to check on you. I couldn't believe it....when Skylnn brought you back to life. I wonder how that is even possible but at this point, I have seen everything and well everything is possible." Jocelyn said, she motioned him to sit down beside her...still refusing to look her in the eye or face her. "Clary can create runes...all my children are different in ways I have never thought would occur."

"At the end of the day, Valentine was the man who caused this. But he's gone, and so is Sebastian." He said, in the corner of his eye he saw Luke walking over as well with his arms crossed over his chest.

"We've spoken to Jia, she says until we know that you are...you. You will be staying with us in New York. Not at the Institute." Luke said with Jocelyn who smiled faintly and nodded. "And you'll be...apart of the wedding. You will live a slightly mundane life for a while..."

"As long as I get a second chance...I don't care where I stay."