(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Forty: Epilogue

"They won't let me see him? I am not surprised." Skylar said and rolled her eyes, she was staying at Magnus's  and sat on his couch at the moment. She held a pencil in her hand and squeezed it tightly, she looked down at her sketchbook. "How is he?" She asked, her phone was against her ear as she spoke with Izzy.

"Great, he's doing well and that's a good thing." Isabelle said and let out a sigh. "He misses you and wants to speak with you."

"Well...let me see him." Skye said and shook her head a bit. She hated this, she really did. She wanted to be able to see him in personal, speak to him and touch him. She hated the fact that she wasn't able to do any of that just because they refused to let her.

"Skye, come and see him. There is no one stopping you and you know that." Isabelle replied, she missed her parabatai even though it had been quite a while.  "I won't stop you, plus you have every right to see him..you love him and you saved him."

"Yeah.." Skye basically whispered as she looked down at her sketches of angels, she closed her eyes and let out a shaky sigh. "I will see what I can do...but uh yeah."

"That's all 'yeah'? Skylnn, don't hesitate. Get over here now." Isabelle stated before she hung up the phone, leaving Skylar there alone on the phone. She moved the phone away from her ear and hung up as well. 

"What is going on with you, pumpkin? You have been complaining about seeing Jace, and now you shut up about him?" Magnus asked as he walked over and sat down beside her. She closed her sketchbook and sat up straight. She looked Magnus in his cat eyes like eyes before opening her mouth and speaking.

"I-I keep repeating that day over and over my head. Magnus i stabbed him, with a sword...and I didn't even think twice about it. All I could think about was saving him, and I just stabbed him not knowing whether he was going to live or not." She said honestly before running a hand through her blonde hair. "I-I could have lost him.."

"Well you didn't lose him." Magnus said, he took her sketchbook from her and smiled faintly trying to reassure her. "Do me a favor, Skylnn..suck it up and go speak to your lover because he misses you and wishes to see you."

"Fine, but what about you and Alec?" She asked when she tilted her head to the side, Magnus had always told her how everything was going between him and Alec...and well she loved to stay up to date..and possibly help them stay together. They were meant to be and everyone knew that.

~

Skylar stepped into the infirmary and smiled faintly, her heart racing in her chest as she approached the bed Jace laid in. "Hey." She said softly before taking a seat on the edge of the bed. Jace watched her with his golden eyes before smiling back at her...glad that he was able to see her.

"Did the Silent Brother's say it was safe to be here? Or that you were allowed?" Jace asked as he held back a grin or smirk..waiting for her response.

"Does that matter? Either ways, I was going to get in here and see you. I wanted to make sure you were doing alright and a little birdie told me that you missed me and wanted to speak to me." Skylar said in a slight teasing voice, feeling like herself whenever she was around him.

"Cute, you came by to see if I was doing alright." Jace said as he moved over now sitting beside her, Skye looked down at her hands and played with her ring, gulping a bit.

"I'm sorry."She blurted out. "I-I stabbed you and it was the last thing I wanted to do...I wanted to find Sebastian but you were there and I know you have all this good in you and I took the chance by stabbing you with it. When I should have left you there and tried to find my brother...to get rid of him once in for all after all he has done but at the same time I was afraid that it was my only chance to save you and get my Jace back...and I know it was selfish but I need you." She rambled on and on which made Jace chuckle since he was amused. 

He hesitated wanting to hold her hand and make her feel better for what she had done. "Skye, don't apologize. You saved my life, you made a smart choice and did what you have to. That's why I love you, for being so confident and brave-" He paused and leaned closer to her ear. "And a bit reckless.." He whispered before moving back. "You walked straight into a demon invested warehouse, managed to kill them all and get injured. You were willing to fight your own brother...after what he did to Max..you were ready to kill him for hurting all of us."

Skylar looked over at him and noticed that he was keeping his distance from her which was raising a lot of questions for her. "What's going on? You're keeping your distance from me." She pointed out before he sighed. 

"Seraphina has a ton of explaining to do about the sword, something has happened to me..the fire is within me." Jace said, Skye blinked slowly and raised an eyebrow before the two began to speak to each other about what this meant for them. It was kinda of upsetting for the both of them, not being to hug or embrace each other due to the heavenly fire burning in his body. "I burned a Silent Brother."

"And you're afraid of hurting me?" Skye asked with a raised eyebrow, Jace nodded slowly and looked at his hands. 

"I've have also been quite busy with getting to know my father..." Jace began as she watched him and nodded, wanting him to go on. "I've been looking at his letters. The things in the box Amatis gave me. He wrote aletter to me, you know, that he meant me to read after he died. He told me to be abetter man than he was. Between myself and Sebastian. Between myself and Valentine. Even the differencebetween the two of them. Valentine honestly believed he was doing the right thing. Hehated demons. But to Sebastian, the creature he thinks of as his mother is one. He wouldhappily rule a race of dark Shadowhunters who did the bidding of demons, while theordinary humans of this world were slaughtered for the demons' pleasure. Valentine stillbelieved it was the mandate of Shadowhunters to protect human beings; Sebastian thinksthey're cockroaches. And he doesn't want to protect anyone. He only wants what hewants at the moment he wants it. And the only real thing he ever feels is annoyancewhen he's thwarted." Jace finished speaking, Skye let out a shaky sigh and gave him a look. Speaking of her father and brother, made her tense up and shook her head. "I am going to kill him, when I find him.. I will be ending his life."

"Jace.." Skye said softly as her finger tips touched his gently. "You don't need to worry about that, I will be the one killing him for everything he has done....now.." She laid her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes a bit. 

"I wish I could touch you, like hold you tightly in my arms.." Jace whispered and kissed her head softly and gently. "Shouldn't have wore that sweatshirt..."

"This sweatshirt cost Magnus $350." Skye said and opened her eyes, she shook her head a bit and scoffed. "I love this sweatshirt and it was very expensive." Jace chuckled and nodded as he leaned closer to her.

"I could buy you dozens on sweets with $350......"

~

I did it! We are now going to start on Heavenly Fire!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO