(City Of Fallen Angels) Chapter Twenty-Two: Maid Of Honor

Skylar walked in circle in the training room waving her sword around, Jace had left her there alone to go get something to help Clary. "Hey Skye, can you help me?" Clary shouted, Skylar looked up and shook her head.

"Nope."

"Rude." This past few days have been training and preparing for Jocelyn and Luke's wedding.

"Hey, I'm afraid of heights way more than you. I fainted the first time.."

"You did?"

"Yeah." Skylar said and smiled. "Are you leaving?"

"I wish I could." 

"Just jump." Clary hesitated first but gathered the courage to do so. She jumped off and landed on her feet.

"Thanks, see you at home?"

"Yup." Clary ran off out of the training room leaving Skylar alone, she put her sword down and sighed. "Home." She whispered and looked around the training, she felt Jace nearby. He walked into the training room and grinned. 

"I can feel something's wrong with you." Jace said, he pulled down the collar of his shirt revealing the odd rune. Skylar walked over to him and stared at the rune. "Do you plan on telling the others?"

"Not until I figure how on earth I created it without using a stele. Which makes me dangerous compared to Clary, she has the same gift but I don't think she's as strong as mine."

"That's true, try it on me." Jace stepped back, Skylar nodded and gulped worried what rune she may create on him. "Skye, you won't hurt me. You love me which means I am safe unless you have something against me?"

"Of course not, stop talking I need to concentrate." Skylar stared at Jace's arm trying to concentrate, an image of a rune flashed before Skylar's eyes when she blinked it had vanished. "Nothing, this sucks."

"You need practice."

"Tell me Herondale, how the hell am I suppose to practice something I don't even know how to do it."

"You'll figure it out. Now we have about 30 minutes of training left." Jace grabbed two Bo-Staffs and tossed one at her, she caught it and smirked. "You want to make your first move?" 

~

Skylar pinned Jace against the floor, out of breath from all the training. "I beat you!" Skylar said and stuck her tongue out.

"Yes you did, I did it on purpose." Skylar frowned and let his arms go. In a blink of an eye, Skylar laid against the floor and Jace was on top. "I win." Skylar rolled her eyes and sighed. 

"Not fair." Jace leaned closer and pressed his lips against hers. He moved down from her lips down onto her neck. 

"By the angel!" Isabelle shouted, she crossed her arms and shook her head. Jace looked up at his sister and sighed.

"Heard of knocking?" He suggested, Skylar saw Isabelle walk over to them. Iz looked down at Skylar who smiled innocently. Jace got off Skylar and cleaned himself off, Isabelle helped Skylar up and smiled. 

"This is a public room, and uh nice love bite." Isabelle poked Skylar's necklace, Skye swatted Isabelle's hand away and rolled her eyes. "Your mother called, she wants you home."

"Living with her has been a real pain, she won't let me stay here. I am already late and did I mention she hates Jace."

"She hates me?" Jace repeated in shock, he barely spoke to Jocelyn. "Why?"

"I wish I knew. Anyway I have to go, see you tomorrow Iz and Jace." She kissed Jace on the cheek, hugged Iz and left the training in a hurry. 

"I'm glad, her mother is more active in her life." Jace said "It makes me happy that she's happy."

"I feel the same."

~

Jocelyn walked into Skylar's room, she had hoped having her move in with her could help them create a bond. "Hey, can I come in?" She asked, Skylar looked up from her stele and smiled. 

"Sure, unless you're not mad at me for coming in so late last night."

"You're not use to having a curfew are you?"

"No, Maryse would always let us out to investigate late night. We make it back home to eat, clean ourselves up and sleep."Skylar explained, Jocelyn walked inside and sat down on the edge of the bed. 

"I'm sorry about my choices, I should have had you move in with me." Skylar quickly shook her head.

"I'm glad you didn't or else I wouldn't have met Isabelle, Alec and Jace. So it's alright mom."

"You've grown up so much, you know that I love you right? I want you to be my Maid Of Honor."

"Wait what?" Skylar said in shock, she hugged her mother tightly. "Yes! I would love too!"

"Good get some rest, I'll see you tomorrow."  Jocelyn kissed Skylar's forehead and walked out of Skylar's room closing the door behind her. Skylar stared back at her stele that had changed on it's own, she hope her mother didn't notice the spots of gold on it. 

"What is happening?" She asked herself, Skylar stood up and put her stele down on her bed. She walked over to the mirror and lifted her shirt up, all her whip scars were gone expect two scars on her shoulder blades. When she blinked, Skylar caught a glimpse of some white wings but when she blinked once again they were gone. "By the angel." She whispered