(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Eight: Mercy

"What are you waiting for Sebastian? End it! Aren't you suppose to be this unstoppable beast yet you can't even kill the one person who can bring you down!" Skylar hissed, Sebastian had an emotionless expression on his face as his black eyes stared into her bright blue eyes. 

"I cannot kill you because I want you by my side, don't you know that already?" Sebastian said, his tone was meant to come off as gentle but it was the complete opposite to Skylar. She could see right through him now, her blood was boiling not only was she currently weak....but she knew that it was going to be hard to kill someone who has been escaping death since the very beginning. "You are the only person who can truly join me, you like me have a dark heart within you dear sister. You and I have been through the most together....unlike you I don't abandon my own...." He whispered, slowly moving his sword away from her throat and stepping back. Ah yes, he could sense how powerless she was and knew that she was incapable of doing much at the moment. 

"I can't forgive you for what you did, you took my heart and used him like a puppet. You took a life of a boy who saw me as a big sister, you hurt my parabatai and yet you truly believe I will ever join you!" Skylar shouted before she started to laugh. "You are mad! Insane! Pathetic! And disgusting!"

"And what are you! An angel? You have done plenty of things that are wrong! Skylnn, I tell you this. I will win this war! And I will not stop until everyone is down!" He yelled, this time making her flinch slightly. You must wonder what did she see through her eyes? She saw him ......he was acting like Valentine...and if she were to be honest...it scared her slightly. "If you turn your back on Alicante and come with me, and pledge your loyalty, I will give you what I have given to no one else. Not ever, for I have saved it for you."

"What is it?" Skylar asked, she wanted this all to be over...and at this point. She would do anything to get rid of him.

"Mercy." Sebastian replied as he stepped closer to her, Skylar had backed up against the wall and kept her eyes on him...carefully and watching him. "You and Jace can be together for as long as you wish-"

"But I would still be stuck with you." Skylar mumbled,  in a blink of an eye, Sebastian stood in front of her....both hands on the wall behind her caging her in. 

"I suggest you move away from her." A familiar voice spoke which captured Sebastian's attention almost immediately.  Skylar used this distraction to quickly duck from under his arms and away from him. "It worked." Jace added when Skylar had walked over to him, and shaking her head at him. 

"Ah her knight and shining armor has come to save her from her own brother." Sebastian said, he was not amused by any of this.

"Is that a compliment?" Jace asked as he kept his eyes on him, not wanting to see him make a move...this was no game. Why? It was him, Skylar (who looked ill) and Sebastian. The golden boy placed his hand on Skylar's shoulder gently, asking if she was alright which she nodded to before running a hand through her hair. 

"I have been wondering why....you both won't come over to me? I can give you all that you two want or wish for. Skylnn, you can get Jace and me...your brother. The two men you love dearly and truly, why keep denying it all." Sebastian said, he was not happy to see the two together once again. Skylar was not in the best state right now, see she couldn't think straight and it sucked for her.  

"Isn't it obvious, Sebastian? I will never choose you, I can happily live without you." Skylar said as she grabbed Jace's blade but before he could even say anything it had turned into a fight in a split second. The sound of two blades hitting each other echoed in the room, then Jace had gotten involved. When the sound of voices suddenly filled with hall, Sebastian had gone for the kill or so he thought. Jace had managed to get a cut it, and it was worth it but sadly it helped Sebastian notice how Jace had no control of his fire. He used a blade to stab his sister in the stomach to teach her a lesson but...something odd occurred.

"What the.." Sebastian whispered as he saw that his blade had bent, Jace and Skylar had fallen silent...not sure what just happened and Sebastian had used this time to escape.