(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-One: Pure Adamas

"How on earth did he get pure adamas.." Skye whispered under her breath, as she watched Sebastian facial expression changed quickly. He was not happy with what Mirek had said.

"But we agreed on a price." Sebastian stated, keeping his composure and staying calm.

 "We also agreed you would come alone," said Mirek. His gaze shifting between Skye and Jace, it was clear he was pretty upset as well. "I'll tell you what else you can give me," he said. "A lock of your sister's pretty hair." That was when Skylar snorted and shook her head. Jace stepped in front of her, blocking her from the creature. "I am no idiot, I am well aware of plenty of things you can do with just my hair or blood."

"And we won't make a deal, right Sebastian?" Jace asked as he glanced over at Valentine's son, who stepped forward.

"Right, you will not touch a hair on my sister's head." He said as his hand moved to his belt, he pulled out his sword. "Nor will you renege onour bargain. No one cheats Valentine Morgenstern's son. The agreed upon price, or—" Mirek had cut him off quickly and smirked.

"Or what? Or I'll be sorry? You are not Valentine, little boy. Now, thatwas a man who inspired loyalty—" Sebastian cut him off and stepped forward to Mirek.

"I am notValentine. I do not intend to deal with demons as Valentine did. If I cannot have yourloyalty, I will have your fear. Know that I am more powerful than my father ever was, andif you do not deal fairly with me, I will take your life, and have what I have come for." Jace's hand went for his dagger but before they knew it, this random creature had headed towards Skylar and tackled her to the ground.

It was growling and snarling, Skylar couldn't help but chuckle before she was able to reach her sword and stab it right in the chest. The creature had vanished leaving it's blood all over her. Sebastian let out a sigh of relief as he walked over to her and looked down at her. "We need to get going, there are more." He held his hand out for her to take, and hesitantly she took his hand before he lifted her up onto her feet. 

In a blink of an eye, it was a battle. They were all fighting demons now, each one using their strength and skill to defeat the demons. Skylar had felt that adrenaline kick in, it happened in every fight with demons. It was a sensational feeling, the way your heart began to race, how strong and invincible they felt. "Skye! Stop him!" Sebastian shouted, the blonde suddenly began to run after Mirek who was making his way out.

Skylnn vaulted up onto the counter before tackling the Vetis demon swiftly and landed on top of him. She sliced one of its eel-liked arms, and glared at Mirek. Black blood sprayed onto her, she frowned slightly and shook her head. He wasn't seeing Skylar...no in Mirek's eyes...all he was seeing is Seraphina, the one angel everyone truly feared. "Your time is up, Mirek the Vetis demon." She whispered. "Loyalty is important, and you failed like every other demon." She held up her sword that shimmered brightly before stabbing it into his chest. Mirek had disappeared, Skylar thumped onto her knees and dropped her sword.

She shook her head, what had just happened to her? She wasn't acting like herself, it was odd. Skye glanced over at the side of the counter where she saw Jace, and her brother stare down at her. "The adamas?" Sebastian asked for as he watched his sister carefully examining her for any injuries. The blonde crawled closer to the counter before reaching under it, and pulling out the adamas that glowed brightly at her touch. 

He took it out of her hand gently as Jace jumped over the counter, landing beside Skye. He knelt down and cupped her face. "Are you alright?" She nodded before he pecked her lips gently. "Good..." He whispered and pulled her close, Skye was still in a bit of shock about what had happened to her. 

"All right you two, tomorrow we use this." Sebastian said referring to the pure adamas he held in his hand. "But tonight once we're cleaned up a little.....we celebrate."