(City Of Ashes) Chapter Fifteen: Epilogue

Skylar followed Jace into taki's, after a long day with Isabelle helping her reorganizing her closet in order. He had convinced Skylar to join him, he felt as if they needed to speak about the last time they did. Skylar hugged herself tightly feeling weak, and exhausted. After the ship, her fresh whip wounds were having trouble healing. 

Magnus has giving her weakly check ups and some spells to keep her feeling well enough to walk around for a week. He slid into a booth, she sat across from him and picked up the menu. "How are you feeling?" Jace asked looking up from his menu.   

"Same, weak and tired." Skylar admitted and smiled weakly. Kaelie walked over and wrote down their orders, Skylar asked for a simple smoothie while Jace asked for sweet potatoes fries and food for The Lightwoods. Kaelie walked away leaving Skylar and Jace alone, Skylar tapped on the table lightly with her finger nails.  Jace watched her, these wounds were killing her. Her nail polish was picked off, her hair was a mess, her always perfect skin had lost it's color.  

"Tired? Have you been sleeping?" He asked

"No...I can't sleep properly." Skylar said and sighed. "It just hurts to lay on my back." 

"Have you told Magnus?"

"No, he's been doing a lot for me already." Skylar said, Kaelie walked back over with Jace's fries and Skylar's vanilla milkshake. She left once again, Skylar slowly drank the milkshake and smiled. 

"He wouldn't mind, Magnus adores you." Skylar nodded

"He does." 

"We should talk about the last time we spoke."

"Yeah..I didn't mean to sound like a bitch but it needed to be done. We can't do this and you know that."

"I agree," He reached for her hand and held it for a second, his thumb traced one of her scars on her hand. Her heart skipped a beat, she didn't know how to get rid of this feeling..it would never go away and she understood that now. "That's why from this day forward I will be your big brother." He pulled his hand away from hers and cleared his throat. "That's what you want right?" Skylar forced herself to smile.

"Of course." She said and continued to drink her milkshake unsure what to say now.

~

Skylar threw herself onto Isabelle's bed and groaned feeling her wounds start to burn, Isabelle turned around from her closet and sighed. She can feel her parabatai was in pain, it was heartache. "What's bothering you?" Isabelle asked and threw herself onto the bed beside Skylar. 

"Well Isabelle, many things are bothering me." Skylar said and moved uncomfortably. 

"Does Jace happen to be one of them?" Isabelle asked curiously, she glanced at Skylar who sighed. Her facial expression had saddened when Izzy mentioned Jace.  "What happened?"

"Iz..I wanna talk about it but I can't."

"Why?"

"Because that would mean I have to face the truth and I am not ready.." Skylar sat up and gulped. 

"Well then, I am here Skye for you." Isabelle sat up, she slipped out of her bed and smiled. " Skylar sat up as well and smiled lightly.

"Thank you." She stood up and left Isabelle's room, Skylar walked around the halls of The Institute hoping the burning sensation would go away.  "Seraphina.." Skylar whispered, as she walked into her room and closed the door behind her. Her necklace began to glow brightly and pulse slightly. 

"Yes?"

"Is there anything you can do to help my wounds?"

"Maybe, let me see what I can do."  Skylar waited and felt relieved when she felt a cold sensation on her wounds making her smile. The pain vanished finally, Skylar laid down on her bed and closed her eyes. "It seems the whip used had demon metal, that is why you still feel pain. They'll take months for them to heal."

"How did you do that?"

"My necklace has some magic, I am very limited in here."

"I have the best way to get my mind off Jace."

"What is that Skylnn?"

"Finding away to get you out of here and back home with your father and lover." Seraphina stayed silent unable to speak, she had no idea Skylar had any intentions of helping her. "I was ungrateful when you suggested to protect me, now it's time I return the favor."

"How will you do that?"

"Lots and lost of research, anyway I should go to sleep. It may be the last chance I get sleeping without being in pain."

"Sleep tight.." Seraphina's voice faded, the necklace stopped glowing and pulsing. Skylar drifted away into a peaceful sleep that she has been waiting for a while.