(City Of Fallen Angels)Chapter Twenty-Six: Lilith

"You leave me no choice." Lilith said and waited, as Jace revealed himself holding a blade against Skylar's throat. She stared at Lilith and let out a sigh. "Nicely done."

"Lilith." Skylar hissed

"You recognize me? Seraphina must have taught you well. What did she say about me? Valentine's daughter."

"A few nasty things." Skylar said, she stopped sensing someone else and looked around. "Sebastian is here."

"Indeed. Your brother is right here, waiting to be alive. He will get revenge on his sister, the one he deeply loved. You, Skylnn. All he wanted was you ruling by his side." Lilith smirked and turned around at Simon. "Give me what I want or else, I will kill her."

"Don't Simon, nothing will happen to me." Skylar said, Lilith chuckled and looked at the two. 

"Cut her, now!" Lilith shouted, Skylar can feel Jace's resistance. She gasped as Jace had actually cut her a little. They moved into the circle, Lilith smirked and glanced at Simon. "Go ahead Daylighter, bite him and give him blood. Awaken my son."

"He isn't yours bitch! He's my brother!" Skylar shouted, she froze realizing deep in her heart she cared for her brother still.

"Chose Daylighter or she dies!"

"Let me die! Bringing my brother back will make everything worse."

"If I let you die, Isabelle, Jace, Alec, Magnus and everyone else will hate me. Jace can't live without you, and half of Isabelle dies if you do. " Simon stepped forward. "I'll do it." Skylar cursed under her breath and saw Simon had begun. She turned around in Jace's arms and scanned him for a rune.

"Jace, this isn't you." She whispered and put her hand on his cheek. Jace put his knife under his belt, Skylar looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry." Skylar grabbed the knife quickly and cut him exactly where the rune was placed. Skylar dropped the knife and reached under her dress where her sword was hidden in her thigh holster. 

Jace pulled out his blade and sighed. "Lilith." He hissed, Jace lunged himself at Lilith.

"You've pissed off the wrong shadowhunters." Skylar said, her sword glowed brightly.

~

Skylar stabbed her sword into Lilith and pulled away out of breath, her dress was covered in her own blood. She stumbled back and gulped. "By the angel." She whispered and looked over at Jace who smiled at her.

"You did it." 

"I did." She reached for her sword and smiled. "I did it!"  Skylar shouted and giggled in relief. "That adrenaline was amazing."

"Those monsters could have killed you." Jace walked over and helped her up, she winced slightly remembering she had a wound on her side.  

"Skye?!" She looked over at Isabelle who ran over and hugged Skylar tightly.  Skylar winced and pulled away. "Sorry." She pulled away, her dress was suddenly drenched in her parabatai's blood. 

"I need a stele." Jace said to Isabelle, she handed him her stele. Jace helped Skylar sit on the ground, he bent down and began to draw healing runes on her. "There you go." He sighed and helped Skylar up and pulled her into a tight embrace. "You should go, with Izzy downstairs and wait for the others to show up." He said pulling away.

"Are you sure? This whole situation, is all on me.." Skylar walked around him and sighed. "I did this to everyone.." She whispered and shook her head. 

"We can handle it, let's just kill Sebastian." Izzy said "He deserve to pay after what he did to my family." She grabbed Skylar's sword and began to walk toward not alive, not dead Sebastian. Skylar grabbed her parabatai's arm and pulled her back. 

"There is a possibility that if you hurt Sebastian, Jace will get hurt as well." Skylar said and grabbed her sword out of Isabelle's hand. "We can't risk that."

"Go ahead kill him." Jace said crossing his arms. "I give you my permission." Alec ignored Jace and looked at Izzy.

"We should get going." Alec said, Isabelle hesitated but followed her brother back to the elevator. Skylar looked back at Jace who had turned around and bent down. She watched him pick up his Morgenstern ring, Skylar walked past him and headed directly to her brother's body.

"Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern." Skylar said and sighed. "Seraphina was right, you truly are a monster now.." Jace stood up and watched her.  "I loved you until you sided with father and murdered someone I also loved...and for that you can burn in hell." Skylar took off her Morgenstern ring, she placed it in his hand and backed away.

"Skye, they're waiting for you. I'll handle this." Jace said, Skylar nodded and walked away. When Skylar was in the elevator, Sebastian sat up and held the ring tightly. "We need to go, they're on their way." Jace said and helped Sebastian.

"I told you she was capable of hating." Sebastian said and put on her Morgenstern ring. "Soon she'll join us and then everyone will bow down to us."

"What makes you think that will happen?"

"You'll see.." Sebastian said and smirked. He looked at the ring and then at Jace. "Let's go."