(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty: Scrambled Eggs?

Skylar had taken longer to get changed, downstairs Jace was making breakfast and Sebastian waited. She buttoned up her jeans and sighed, she ran a ran through her blonde wavy hair and looked up at her reflection. Angel, was the first word that came to her mind when she saw herself in the mirror. She slowly tilted her head, the moment she blinked, white feathery wings had appeared and vanished. 

Skylar gasped and backed away slowly, her heart started racing. She was right the entire time, her body was slowly transforming. She put on her combat boots and left her room quickly. When she walked into the kitchen Jace was leaving, he stopped in front of her and pecked her lips. "Sebastian wants to talk to you alone, I left your breakfast on the dining table." Jace said before he left, Skylar narrowed her eyes at her brother. Sebastian smirked and tossed her a stele. It was his signature smirk, it said it all...he wanted something from her.

"I need a rune, I know how strong yours are." He said and unbuttoned his shirt. 

"And what do I get out of this? My runes aren't free."

"You can come with me, I have an errand to run." Sebastian said, Skylar nodded and saw the whip scars on her brother's back. Her eyes widened as memories slowly flooded her mind, the sound of the whip. Valentine yelling and the screams and cries of two children, she held onto the stele tightly and closed her eyes. She started to draw a rune for her brother, the faster the better for her.

She stepped back when she finished drawing the rune. "There." Sebastian put his shirt back on and turned around.

"Thank you, sister." He said "I'll be back with weapons." Sebastian walked away as Jace walked in dressed up and ready, he gently cupped Skylar's cheek before he pecked her lips.  

"Looks like I am coming along." Skylar said taking his hand, their fingers intertwined and she smiled. Jace grinned and put his hands on her waist, pulling her close.

"I can tell you are going mad being stuck in here." He whispered and brushed his lips against hers teasingly, her gaze locked onto his. 

"You don't understand...how mad I've been lately.." She mumbled against his lips before pulling away when Sebastian walked over, it gear and prepared.

~

'Izzy?' The second Lightwood's eyes flew open at the sound of her parabatai's voice, she sat up slowly and glanced at Simon who was out. She slipped out of the bed and headed out of the room, to the balcony to be alone.

'Skye? Are you alright? Where are you?' Isabelle thought, she had plenty of questions concerning Jace...was her brother alright or not? 

'Prague. And I am alright, just losing my mind. Nothing serious..'

'Skye?! What do you mean? Is it because of Jace?' Isabelle thought as she leaned against the railing, she looked at the amazing view Magnus had at his apartment.

'Sort of, I feel bad that this is all happening...plus Seraphina isn't here and everything is a mess.' Isabelle traced her parabatai rune, she can feel how Skylar was feeling and oddly enough...Isabelle also felt the same way about everything as well and only Skylar would understand. 'What's the plan?'

'Summoning the one and only, Seraphina. But it would require a lot since you aren't here.'

'Actually if you are there, Seraphina would help...she trusts and knows you.' Isabelle nodded slowly and looked down at the ring before moving it around. 'I need to get going, I'll talk to you later...sleep tight Iz'

'Enjoy yourself Skye...be careful' Isabelle thought before turning around and flinched when she saw Magnus had stood there watching her.

"Is Skylnn alright?" Magnus asked approaching Isabelle slowly, he was worried sick about what was going on with Skylar and Jace. The fact that none of them knew where she was and if she was safe with Sebastian and Jace, under control...it made them sick to their stomach. 

"Yeah....she's fine and I think she's safe with Jace. He still seems to love her." Isabelle said, crossing her arms over her chest, her runes glimmering a bit in a light.  

"I sure hope so..if something happens...I don't think I can ever forgive myself." Magnus mumbled as he let out a long sigh, wishing that he could get this done as fast as possible.

~

Skylar removed her fingers off the golden ring and ran her hand through her blonde hair. She felt so much better being able to communicate with Isabelle. She walked over to Jace and Sebastian, she was blocking them out as she observed where she was. The city was beautiful and she wished she was here for another reason than following her boyfriend who is under control by her twin brother. She walked over to them, Jace grinned and Sebastian just glanced at her. "Ready now?" He asked, they allowed her to take some time to clear her mind..and some space.

"Yeah." Skylar responded and followed the two away. She still was pretty clueless too what was going on here. Sebastian started to speak in Czech to this man who glanced at Skylar and Jace, he didn't like them here. When she blinked and saw the creature standing before them, gray skin and red-ruby eyes. "A Vetis demon.." She muttered under her breath. Sebastian glanced back at the two and then at the man.

"They're my brother and my twin sister," He said "They are entirely to be trusted, Mirek." Skylar let out a sigh, she hated pretending she was Jace's sister, she wasn't and wasn't sure if she can pretend she was. 

"I don't like this," Mirek said. "You said we would be dealing only with you,Morgenstern. And while I know Valentine had a daughter whose involved with angels." He paused "I also know he had only one son."

"He's adopted." Skye said quickly, and decided to play along for their sake. Sebastian was a bit surprised that his sister had played along, he was expecting some resistance. 

"I think you'll find the definition of the modern family is really changing at an impressive pace these days," Jace added, glancing at his girlfriend and then at Mirek. 

"I still do not like this." Mirek responded, his ruby-eyes filled with darkness, his face was stone cold.

"But you will like this." Sebastian said pausing, as he pulled out a pouch before opening it, and pouring the bronze coins onto the table. "Pennies from dead men's eyes. A hundred of them. Now, do you have what we agreed on?" He asked, Mirek chuckled and shook his head.

"That is all very well, but it is not enough to buy what you seek." He said as he pulled out what looked like a hunk of Crystal, Skylar felt her heart skipped a beat when she saw it was Adamas. "Pure Adamas, the stuff of Heaven priceless." What on earth was her brother planning?