(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Fifty-Three: The Avenging Angels

Difficult it was for Jace to leave Skylar behind, sadly she also had a major point on her making everything worse for them. What was this? The girl left in a cave, screaming in pain and on her knees. This was more painful then it should be, why? She was here, in a place that was not meant for angel. This was going to tear her apart from the inside, her nails began to dig into the dirt. The sound of demons, echoed around the cave that Clary had runed to keep her safe and protected. Amazing right? It sounded amazing but it was not as glamorous as it seemed, the sounds of her screams could be heard from miles away even a certain warlock was alarmed by that sound.

He knew what was going on, he knew what this world was....it was the same world where his father could be found. The world that he had no magic in, the world that held him and many of the others. They needed to get out, it had only left Clary and Jace to deal with Sebastian. Of course he was not pleased, he wanted Skylar..his twin to be here yet he needed to settle for Clary...because in the long run. Clary was his younger sister, and Skylar's as well...and Jace knew that the love of his life would be broken if she knew that Sebastian hurt the redhead. He wasn't panicking, he stayed calm and collective. He even tried to convince him to simply end his life but that didn't work either. What then? Stand here, watch him go on and on about controlling this world? About how he knew that he was going to win all along? This was wrong, this was not right and this is not what the angels envisioned to nephilim to handle.

"Skylnn, it is alright. Breath in and out. Close your eyes, and scream, let this pain out!" Skylar heard a familiar voice in her head when she closed her eyes, out of breath and sweating like crazy.

"Seraphina..." Skylar whispered. "I-I can't do this..."

"Oh by now, you are capable of doing anything. You dealt with your father, after the abuse you went through, you opened up to a flamboyant warlock....then you allowed yourself to fall in love...your heart broke under false pretenses, you got back up. You lost Max, you stayed strong, you are dealing with your brother being a monster. This simply a little pain that you know...that you can handle!" Skylar's eyes flew wide open after that, she knew that the only way to help the others was to get through this. She let out another scream but this one was it, she sound of her skin tearing meant one thing only. Her eyes widened, that was it? The only bad thing about this was the wings, she felt an urge of energy pulse through her. "Now end this."

"Gladly."

~

Getting through all the demons was easy, very easy for Skylar who was moving faster than before and killing these things like a beast. Her sword was glowing brightly, heavenly fire within ready to end this once in for all. She had fallen silent, listening to Sebastian and Jace got back and forth about her. How Sebastian wanted her and Jace saying he would rather die. "No, give me back Clary. She didn't do a thing, she's nothing but a victim." Jace said, he did not need another person involve in this. The redhead sat in the throne completely still, staring at her mother and gulping before looking at the others who watched carefully.

"You failed to bring me my sister, my twin sister. Instead, you come here on your own...then I take someone else from you. My other sister will do just fine as a queen, she has angel blood in her veins and has the same abilities as Skylar." Sebastian said, standing up and glaring at the golden boy not pleased about this at all. It was clear he was annoyed by the look in his eyes and the tone he used when he spoke. When Skylar heard his footsteps, since he was moving around..that was when she moved swiftly and before Sebastian had a chance to react she had stabbed him from behind. The blade went right through him, he coughed blood and blinked slowly. "Father always said..it would be you in the end.." He whispered before she pulled her sword out and watched him drop.

"By the angel.." Jocelyn whispered seeing the wings that were covered in blood, everyone was in shock but guess who was shaking and couldn't breath? Skylar, why? She dropped her sword and covered her mouth with her hand. She dropped onto her knees, watching him and when he opened his eyes...revealing his green eyes..her heart shattered.

"Jonathan...." Skylar whispered, placing his head onto her lap. "My brother, my dear...brother.." She added, he had smiled faintly when seeing his sister, then his mother, and his other sister. The two redheads walking over and getting onto their knees as well.

"Skylnn, I am so sorry. I hurt you in ways a brother shouldn't have. I wasn't strong enough to fight the darkness, I was born corrupted yet...you kept me happy those years when we were children. My downfall...was when you left." Jonathan managed to say, he had began to speak but Skylar was blocking every word out...she was in shock. But she stayed right there, holding his hand as he spoke to Jace about what needed to be done. Everything else was a blank to her, while others dealt with a way to stop this and get out of here...she took the time to cry and sob when he died. Either ways, her father won...because in the end of the day..who is the one hurting? Going through all of this pain? Her. The pain that was eventually going to break her, she closed her eyes and her eyes widened when she felt her hand be squeezed. What has she done?

//I changed the ending, I personally thought that Jonathan would have been an amazing character if he wasn't Sebastian and not evil. Since I control this story, I thought why not give him a chance? It would be great to see how this would work out in the other book right? ^_^

~ xLittleMissReadAlotx