1) M O V I N G

Why today? Urgh. My alarm has been beeping for the past twenty minutes and I'm not in the mood of waking up. So, like the past twenty minutes I close my eyes again until I hear my mother yelling my name. Oh God. Why can't time just stop so I could have my precious sleep.

"Aminah, you better get down here now! You know we're supposed to leave in about two hours. Get down right this minute." was what she said.

"Okay mom, I'm coming!" I screamed back. Of course in a mannerly way.

I got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom. Brushung my teeth, washing my face, and the usual. Afterwards, I changed into a long black maxi dress with a burgundy hijab and made my way downstairs.

...

"Good morning grumpy pants." Of Course Atif is the only one who would say something like that.

Atif is my one and only older brother. But we're really chill so It doesn't seem like he's older.

The reason why my mom woke me up so quick is that we are moving out of Philadelphia today and we got to put the boxes into the truck. Like literally, aren't boys supposed to do this type of stuff. But no. I gotta help them.

We are moving to New York because Atif is going to take over the family business there and he doesn't want to be there alone. Like come on grow up. I'm just joking, he's the best.

"Look whose talking. Atleast I'm not the one who has like ten alarms to wake him up every morning and he still doesn't wake up until you scream across the hall." I replied. Ohh, I got him bad.

"Dad, do you see the way your daughter is talking to me?" he asked dad. Again, he had to be the one. It's like he's always the buzz kill.

"Aminah, I don't want you talking to your older brother in that manner. It's disrespectful in our family. And what if someone other heard you? What will they think about you?" He started with his lesson. But he was right.

I gave Atif Bhai a death glare and he just smirked it off. He always gets away with things. He was the one who started it.

Now I just sound like a toddler.

"I'm sorry dad, I won't do it again." I said keeping my head down low in respect. I think when some older is talking to you, you shouldn't make eye contact, but others differ.

"Okay good. Now get the boxes of your belongings and bring them out to the truck so Atif could put them in. " he said. I nodded and headed to my room to grab the boxes the had my things in it. Nothing wrong in that, the problem was, they were way too heavy for me to pick up.

"Atif Bhai!" I yelled down the stair railing asking for him to help me.

"He's outside, what's wrong? " My mom answered for him.

"Mom the boxes are way too heavy I can't pick them up." I said.

"Okay I'll send him up." She replied.

Even though I was currently irked by Atif he's a great person and I know he would run up the stairs just to help me.

"Yo, you needed help?" He said from behind startling me.

"Yea. Um I can't pick these up they are way too heavy." I said looking down at the box and his concerned face. Of course he was worried if I was okay and why I had called him. After hearing me his worry and concern both washed away and a smirk replaced them. He's up to saying something smart again.

"Aw, my kiddo can't pick up a small box. Well try, because I thought I was the grumpy one." he said teasing me. I hated it when someone called my kid. And Atif did that for that reason.

"Really? Pick it up and help me." he shook his head in okay and walked to where the boxes were located.

He picked it up and from his face I saw his expressions change. He hurried to the stairs on put the box down.

"Uff, what do you have in here women ?" I smirked at him.

One point for Aminah, zero for Atif!

"That's what I thought, kiddo." he returned me a death glare because he knew he messed with the wrong person. And I used his words back to him. Hint, 'kiddo'.

"Whatever." he said and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah okay, hurry up now before they start with a lecture." I said jokingly and Atif laughed in return. Its not that I have anything against my mom and pop, I just like messing around.

Not so lady like.

---

We finally settled into the car. Me and Atif in the front while mom and dad sat in the back seats.

Moving to a different state sounded way easier then it was to actually do. I'm going to miss Philadelphia and plus all my family and friends live here. Especially Zara.

Zara is my cousins also my best friend. We can't spend and hour without talking to each other, I week without seeing each other, and I minute without texting each other and now u have to move all the way three hours away. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's not easy at all. I'm going to miss her a lot. But we had to move for the better. Zara did promise she'll come visit with her parents every now and then.

With this, our long but short journey started. And we got to our new home, our new future.

...

THIS IS JUST TO START THE STORY! THIS CHAPTER HAS NOTHING TO GO WITH THE STORY OF THIS BOOK! SO PLEASE EXCUSE THIS CHAPTER AND WAIT FOR THE POINT WHERE THIS STORY ACTUALLY STARTS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

EDITED (6/7/15)

2:02AM

thαnkѕ:) vσtє,ѕhαrє,αnd cσmmєnt ;)