Four years old part 2

"Hey guys."

"Hi Lauren." My Mom smiled and pulled me in for a hug.  I smiled back at her and wrapped my arms around her. 

"Hey Lauren.  Thank you for letting me stay." Bella greeted shyly.  I kissed her cheek

"It's not a problem. I've got the room." I told her. "Lunch is almost ready. But before we got to the kitchen, I need to talk to you both about something." I told them and sat on the couch. They both say next to me and I took a deep breath. 

"What do you want to talk about? Is it something serious?" My Mom asked worrying and I shook my head in reassurance.

"No, nothing serious. But for the last year, I haven't been very honest with you. I have a four year old daughter." I told them closing my eyes refusing to look at them.

"What?" My Mom screamed. I took a shaky breath. "Howe could you not tell me this?" She asked me, she sounded hurt.

"I'm sorry but I wanted to wait until everything was finalised and I don't want the press to find out about this." I explained.

"I understand why you kept it from us. What I don't understand is how you've got a four year old." She said and I sighed. I didn't know where to start, it was a long story and I didn't want to cause any arguments between the family.

"She turned up on my door step last year, her Mom left her there because she was in an abusive relationship and dying from Cancer. She thought she could trust me." I explained. I saw a little head poke around the door.

"Mommy?" She whispered and I smiled.

"Hey Livvy, come meet some people." I told her and she came running and climbed into my lap. I loved her, she was adorable. I needed her to meet her new family. She was mine officially now and she needed the entire family on her side. "Livvy, this is my sister Bella and my Mommy. Can you say hi?"

"Hi Aunt Bella." She giggled and turned to my Mom. "Hi Grandma." I laughed at my Moms face.

"Mom, Bella, this is my daughter Olivia." I told them and my Mom reached over and grabbed Liv's hand.

"Hi Olivia. It's so nice to meet you." My Mom said and Liv jumped down.

"Mommy, can we eat now. I'm hungry." She said and I nodded.

"Sure, let's go eat. You need to put some meat on those bones." I teased tickling her sides and she squealed jerking away from me and running off pulling Bella with her.

"She's adorable." My Mom gushed stopping outside the kitchen. "You're such an amazing women for taking her in. I'm so proud of you." She hugged me tight.

"Thanks Mom. I love you."

We walked into the kitchen an Bella had already been instructed to sit next to Olivia and she was yapping away about everything and anything. The weird thing was, it looked like Olivia was actually listening.

"Liv can you go and get your knife and fork please?" I asked her and she climbed down from the chair and headed to the draw grabbing her minnie mouse knife and fork.

"Mommy, is Aunt Bella coming to live with us?" She asked tilting her head looking at me.

"She is, why do you want her too?" I asked with a smile. She had really warmed up to Bella. She's never this confident around people, she's shy and quiet. It's sweet to watch, she's smile so much in ten minutes than she has in weeks.

"Yeah!" She squealed. "She's the best aunt ever."

"She's your only aunt." I laughed and she shrugged. She tucked into her food and I gave her a sturn look. She put her fork down and gave me an innocent smile.

"I'm grateful for family. I didn't have one until you. I love you." She said looking around the table. I smiled and sighed.

"I'm grateful to have you all in my life. I wouldn't be the woman I am today without you all." I said poking Olivia in the cheek and she giggled.

"Grandma, what are you grateful for?" Liv asked looking at her inquisitively.

"I'm grateful to meet such an adorable little girl that I can call my granddaughter." She said and turned to Bella. "What about you Bells?"

"I'm just grateful for life. For how I've been brought up, for how I've gorwn up." She said with a giggle. "Now lets eat."

We all dug into our food and we ate in silence. I still wasn't sure how my Mom was handling all this. We spoke briefly but I know that theres something else she wants to talk to be about. I knew she wouldn't do it with Bella and Olivia around. So I was in for it tonight before she leaves in the morning.

"Mommy, can I show Bella my room?" Olivia asked picking up her plate and taking it over to the sink. She climbed into my lap touching my face.

"Of course you can. She will be staying in your room while she's here. You. You will be staying in Mommy's bed." I told her and she clapped her hands kissing my cheek.

"Yay. I love sleeping in your bed." She jumped off my lap and pulled Bella with her. "Come on Aunt Bella, lets go to my room." She giggled and I looked at Bella as Olivia was pulling her.

I looked at my Mom and she was watching me. "We need to talk."