Chapter 4

Christopher Vraiment?!?! How fitting. I have another chance to win my love and there is, of course, another man.

It could be her brother. He seems relatively young. She is very young to be married and a ballerina. Not to mention, it is against policies for ballerinas to be married...

He looked to the girl. She was fiddling with the tule of her tutu. He noticed her arms were riddled with goose flesh and she was shaking slightly

Oh! I forgot how cold it is down here for those who have not known nothing different. She had a blanket by the lake, but I didn't grab it when I chloroformed her.

"Are you cold, Renee?"

He said it with confidence. Intimitating confidence

For the time being, I am still her captor. I know nothing of this girl. It is unlikely she can even sing. I am her captor, she is my prisoner. I am her captor, she is my prisoner...

This thought was repeated constantly.

Renee looked up at him. It was the first time he had not called her 'girl' or 'ballet brat' or something. In fact, he had called her by her name. She was a little put off by it. But she was cold, and she was trying hard not to shiver violently.

"Y-yes... I s-suppose I am... Mo-monsieur..."

She noticed her teeth chattering, even before he did.

He did notice though, he also noticed how she constantly called him "Monsieur."

To be honest, he quite enjoyed it. He hadn't enjoyed anything in these long years. Fear resembling respect. He smirked in spite of himself.

Renee took his hand, always on guard. She was tense head to foot. Erik could feel it, but he didn't push it.

I still shouldn't go so far as to scare her away...

He grabbed some blankets out of a trunk and handed them to her. "Tell me, Renee, do you have any siblings? Any family to speak of?"

"No, I'm afraid not." Renee didn't think twice of the personal question. He probably simply didn't want to deal with who would miss her...

And it struck her.

He probably plans on keeping me here... Oh god, he could literally have anything planned to do to me... And I'm holding his hand.

Renee jerked her hand out of his. She was scared. She was very scared...

Erik knew this. It was evident simply in her posture and her eyes.

A part of him was worried, was he scaring her? Would she fight him?

A bigger part was enjoying her fear. It stimulated something in him, the part of him that killed those men, crashed a chandeleir so long ago.

Oh, that was an exhilirating time.

He returned to her answer.

She has no family... which means no brother.

It also means no husband.

"My dear," He turned to her. She was wrapping herself in a second blanket layer. "have you ever had another name?"

She was startled by his sudden fondness. First her name, now, 'my dear.' Still, it seemed cold and stiff.

"d-de Chagny, Monsieur."

de Chagny........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HMMMMMMMMM........???????? Will he become obsessive, or will he go easy on her?????

Only I know. :)

RANDOM TIDBIT: The name Renee means "reborn." That said, I think it's pretty obvious why I chose it.

Your obedient servant,

~Rose