Chapter 7

Renee's POV:

My mother visited me that night, in my dream. I had very few memories of my mother, she died when I was only 9 years old.

"Renee, be gentle with his heart."

"What? What are you talking about?" It... it made no sense. Who is she talking about? Erik?

"Judge not by outward appearances and rather by actions."

"I knew Erik long ago, and he was very different. do not let him go to that place."

My mother knew Erik? Wait, if Erik is the Phantom of the Opera, are all the stories Madame Meg told us true?

He murdered people?

He crashed the grand chandelier?

What will be do to me?

"Goodbye, my sweet Renee."

My mother was fading, fast. "No! Please! I have so much I need to ask you!"

"Goodbye." And with that, she was gone.

In her place came Erik, his white full-face mask looming in front of me. I reached out for it, and he did not flinch. I grabbed it off his face, but before I could see what was under it, his noose was around my throat, and I was slowly becoming unable to breathe...

I sat up in bed with a start, my hands around my throat. I was breathing heavily and coughing. It had felt so real. I felt the marks that still remained around my neck from him strangling me at the lake.

I have to get out of here...

No. I needed to calm down. No decision I make in frame of mind will be rational. I got out of bed and started doing ballet warmups. Ballet had been my saving grace before, and ever since I was great for helping me relax. Even then, I couldn't shake this uneasy feeling. As a child, I took piano lessons, but the only piece I remeber is 'Ode to Joy' and a few scales. I timidly exited my room, making sure Erik wasn't around, and sat down on the bench.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt like I was doing a lot of Eriks POV lately, so here's somemore Renee to sort of balance it out... Prepare yourself for next chapter, sh** gets real. :)

Your obedient servant,

~Rose