Chapter 13

Erik knew he should know better than to hold her too long. The spell she was under was not a very strong one, and he worried what she would think when she awoke to find herself crying in his arms. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to let her go. Not to mention she was gripping his shirt. Perhaps just a little while longer...

That's when he noticed something was wrong, she was edging away from him and breathing heavily. He looked down as she reached up and felt the tears on her cheeks.

"Wha-What did you do to me?"

Erik didn't answer. It would take her a minute, but she would remeber everything.

"Y-You drugged me or something!" She was standing now, and backing away from him. "Why did I tell you that? I shouldn't have told you that..." She muttered to herself. Her breathing was ragged and shallow. "I... I can't... breathe!" She gasped. Erik stood to his feet.

"Breathe deeply. You need to calm down. You're hyperventilating." Erik approached her slowly.

"No!" She yelled. "Don't you-you dare come any closer!"

"Please, I'm sorry, Renee. Please, I need you to calm down. If you don't, you'll pass out."

Renee looked at him. "Why... why should I trust you?"

Erik noticed her breathing had become less shallow, and more constant.

Just keep her talking, calm her down.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you like that."

"Damn right!" She yelled. Her breathing became harsher and shallower, and she fell backwards. Erik caught her.

Oh hell! If I don't talk her down she'll pass out! I'll persuade her, just this last time...

"Forgive me," Erik muttered.

"What?" Renee responded between gasps.

Erik softened and quieted his tone. "Calm down," he said firmly. "Breathe deeply."

Renee's breathing slowly became more and more constant and deep.

"That's better." Erik said she was still in his arms, but he knew better than to let her stay there.

"Stand up, please." he commanded her. She did as she was told, then faced him, as if expecting more orders. He hated it. She was not supposed to be his slave. "Wake up." he gently commanded, and watched at the glaze over we eyes went away.

"You did it again! You bastard!" She yelled at him after a few seconds.

"Think about Renee, if I had not, you would likely be passed out."

She backed away from, confused. She sighed, and her shoulders dropped. "Why can't you simply leave me alone?" she asked.

He wasn't surprised. "I will never bother you in your room." He said, and he meant it. She needed space. That's when he realized he was still in her room. "I... I'll just leave."

"Thank you." she mumbled. She wasn't sure what to do. He was violent sometimes and sweet others. Not to mention, he could control her without her consent. She sat on her bed, head in hands.

Are all men this horrid? Do they all want control?

At least it makes more sense with Erik than it does with Christopher. I'm his prisoner, this is what captivity is supposed to be like.

It could always be worse. He could be starving you.

Her stomach rumbled, and she realized she hadn't eaten anything since he kidnapped her.

Speak of the devil...

She opened the door of her room, but didn't step out of the doorway. She couldn't see him, but she didn't really want to find him either.

"Erik?" she called out.

Erik was in his room, silently thinking in his chair. He heard Renee call for him.

Has she forgiven me already?

He walked out to find her gripping the doorframe with one hand, the other on her stomach.

"Yes?" he asked, his voice hopeful and expectant.

Renee noticed. "I... I was just wondering if you had any food." she said. If he intended to starve her, he'd tell her straight away, right?

Erik realized how hungry she must be. He didn't have much, seeing as he rarely ate himself. He noticed she wasn't moving out of the doorframe. "I'm afraid I don't."

She sighed and tried to close the door. He caught it with his foot just before it closed all the way.

"If you're hungry I will go find you something." He said quickly. He didn't want her to think he was depriving her.

"You would?" she replied surprised.

He nodded and moved his foot from the door. She shut it and he got to work. He snuck into the kitchens and stole a roast chicken breast for her. He returned and knocked on her door.

"Please come out so you can eat, mademoiselle." He said when she didn't open the door. She timidly opened the door, and he stood back so she could pass. He pulled her chair out for her and at across from her.

This damn girl is giving me a headache. I need a drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! This update is huge, and could've been bigger, but I thought If I was going to stop it anywhere I had best do it here. Looking back there were probably more convinient places, but it'd be a pain in the arse to fix that now. Wrote this over my vacation to were I'm moving to, again! THANK THE LORD FOR WATTPAD.

Your obedient servant,

~Rose