Chapter One

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series, I wish I did but I don't. All characters belong to the  J.K Rowling . This is just a piece of fanfiction.

Hermione Granger looked at a photo on top of the fireplace in the living room of her parents house. A young girl sat next to her father on her first day of primary school. Little did that small child know that by the age of 18 she would have changed as much as she did. Hermione looked around at all the other pictures. Pictures that had been restored along with her parents memories as soon after the battle as she could track them down. They understood of course. They were extremely happy to hear that their child would be safe again. Hermione was then broken out of her trance where she pondered all that had happened to her in the past 7 years. " Hermione darling. There is an owl waiting for you in the kitchen. " It was the soft voice of her mother speaking. Hermione nodded, expecting to see Harry's new owl or Pigwidgeon. She did not expect to however see a owl with a letter she knew to be from Hogwarts attached. She quickly grabbed the letter and ripped it open, expecting the owl who brought it to just fly away once she gave it a treat but it stayed still.

Dear Miss Granger,
Due to the recent repair and restoring of Hogwarts, we are thrilled to announce you have been accepted into the eighth year program. This program is for all seventh year students from last year to repeat their year they may have missed. Enclosed in this letter you will find a list of supplies that are needed. Also enlisted in this letter is a personality quiz. The quiz must be completed and sent to the ministry using the owl provided as soon as possible. If the ministry have not received your owl before the 31st of August then a routine house visit will be ordered.
Yours sincerely
Minerva Mcgonagall
Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Hermione gasped and smiled as she read the whole letter. Hogwarts was back and she had been accepted for her last year. This meant that she could complete her NEWTs much to her delight. She was a little bit confused about the personality quiz that she had been ordered to do. She had never been ordered to do anything by the Ministry of Magic before. She wondered if Harry and Ron had received the same letter. Looking over the parchment that contained the paper, Hermione frowned and read the questions. They were all questions about what type of person they were and what they would desire a partner being. They all confused Hermione but none the less, she completed the test and sent it to the Ministry with the owl. Next she had to obviously tell her parents about her return to Hogwarts. The family hadn't had too long with each other so far, after taking Hermione almost a month to track them down and bring them home.

It was later that night when the Grangers sat down for dinner that her mother actually brought up the owl without Hermione saying anything. "So that owl earlier. It wasn't Harry or Ron's owl. Who's is it?" Hermione ate some of her pasta bake before speaking "It was a Hogwarts letter. I've been accepted to do my final year." Both her parents looked up and smiled. Hermione had told them both about her fears of whether she would be able to go back to school to finish her Seventh year. Both her parents smiled at her and her mother nodded. "I'm really proud of you Hermione." She spoke out, looking at her eldest daughter as they ate their food. A few hours, Hermione heard a crack of Apparition and looked up. She grabbed her wand in case it was an ex-death eater or something. Her parents had gone to bed not long ago.

When she opened the door however, she saw Harry and Ron stood there with smiles on their faces. "Mione." They both said before hugging her. The brunette girl beamed at her friends as she hugged them back. "My parents are asleep. Come in and I'll place a silencing spell over my bedroom." She said excitedly. She was thrilled to see both of the boys again. The golden Trio walked up the stairs as Ron looked at every single item and asked what many of them were. Hermione was laughing, repeatedly telling him to shut up as he was being quite loud. As soon as they made it to her bedroom, she cast the silencing spell around the room and turned to her best friends.