Chapter Eight

Hermione walked into her living quarters. She was so tired. She hadn't had the greatest nights sleep that night. Draco had stayed in his own dorm so he could have some man time with his friends and Hermione had been having nightmares. Something that's she had stopped having ever since her and Draco started sleeping in the same bed.

She was going to collapse onto the sofa she always slept on when she saw Draco say it reading a book. "Hey that's my crash down sofa." She whined. Draco smirked and nodded, standing up. "I know. I jumped there when I heard you coming. I wanted to see your reaction. How are you so tired. It's like 4pm on a Friday?" Draco asked with his infamous smirk glued to his face.

Hermione pushed him away and laid down on her sofa. "I could barely sleep last night." She mumbled. Draco sighed. "I thought the nightmares had stopped." He asked, sitting down on the floor next to her. She looked at him and smiled. "They do when I'm with you. I don't know what it is but it makes me calmer like I know I'm safe." Draco grinned and looked at her. "Sleep. The furthest I will go is the kitchen to get a drink." It was those words that helped Hermione go into a blissful slumber.

Hermione didn't wake up until the next day. However when she did, she was in her pajamas and in bed. She looked around confused and then heard some noise downstairs. As she walked down the stairs she heard Draco running around the kitchen, muttering nonsense. But when she got there, she was shocked with what she saw in front of her.

On the table in the kitchen were pancakes with chocolate on them. She soon realised that the chocolate was spelling something out. Dance? It said perfectly wrote out. Hermione looked at Draco with a smile glued to her face "You didn't have to ask me." She beamed. He shrugged "I wanted to. It felt right. So will you come with me?" He asked, a slight nervous undertone to his voice. The girl in front of him hugged him and mumbled "Of course I will."

A week later was the dance. Hermione sighed as she stood in the middle of Ginny's living quarters with the girls rushing around. "What do you mean? You have to keep your hair down. It's so pretty when it's down." Pansy gushed to her. Hermione rolled her eyes "We've been having this chat for the past 10 minutes Pansy. I don't really want to." Hermione complained, knowing she was fighting a losing battle. And soon Hermione was agreeing with her and leaving her hair down with loose curls in it.

Soon enough, all four girls were ready for the dance and just waiting to set off. Pansy smiled at Luna "I'm so jealous of how confident you are to experiment with your clothes. I would be too shy to even wear a dress like that. It's a really good quality to have." She complimented. Luna smiled "Thank you. I don't care of what people think of me" She replied. Hermione groaned as she fixed her hair "I wish I didn't. Pansy, why did I let you tell me how to my hair." Hermione pouted and the girls all laughed at her. Ginny rolled her eyes as they all left the Living Quarters.

The girls waited by the stairs. The same stairs that Hermione had descended from at the Yule Ball. She instantly felt nervous about herself. She adjusted her dress and smoothed it out. She didn't understand why she was so nervous. Maybe she just wanted to see what Draco's reaction would be. She felt the other girls moving and moved along with them. They all stood at the top of the stairs and the guys were standing at the bottom.

As soon as Hermione's eyes met Draco's she felt calmer. She didn't know how she had fallen in love with her enemy in such a short time after hating him for so long.

Hermione barely noticed she was now at Draco's side. He looked at her In shock. " You look amazing." He mumbled as he wrapped his arms around her. He then pulled her to one side. "Listen there are reporters here. I feel like they'll stick to us like flies so just don't let them bother you and if they are then you must tell me. I'll hex them." He smiled. Hermione was in jock at how much he had changed too. How could this mean person who constantly insulted her turn into the man she was going to spend the rest of her life with and didn't care about that.

The two walked into the Great Hall and Hermione gasped. The teachers had done such a good job of the decoration of the Hall. "Wow." She heard Draco mumbled from the side of her before he turned and bowed, showing his hand. "Would the lady like to dance?" He asked in a posh voice. Hermione smiled and laughed. "Yes of course. You're an idiot."

One dance soon turned into 4 dances to different songs before Hermione mumbled. "I need a drink." into his ear. Draco nodded and lead her away from the dance floor. They spotted Ron and Pansy who were sitting my a table also having a drink so the pair started making their way over there after they grabbed drinks. "You two not dancing?" Hermione asked and Pansy shook her head. "Someone doesn't want to dance." She pouted. Hermione looked at Draco and gave him and look. He nodded and turned to Pansy. "I'll give you and dance." and soon they were on the dance floor.

Hermione sat next to Ron. "You have to dance with her Ron." She told him. Ron sighed. "I don't dance remember." He complained. "Is that what you're going to tell her on you wedding day. Or anyone's wedding day. Ron she's going to be your wife. She's not gonna care how you dance." Hermione smiled. Ron nodded. "You're right." That made Hermione smirk. "Of course I am. When am I ever wrong?"

Draco wasn't lying about the press. They stuck to them like flies. Hermione could see while they dance the constant photos that were being taken of them. "That's us being front page tomorrow." Draco mumbled into her shoulder. Hermione shrugged. "I don't care. I'm having fun. Plus we can keep the paper for when we have children and show them what we were like in school." She smiled. Draco nodded and looked at the clock. "Well the dance is about to end. It's almost midnight." He mumbled.

Hermione heard the bell sound to say that it was midnight. She looked up at the man in front of her. The next thing she felt was lips on her own. They felt warm and she felt happy to be kissing him back. It felt so right to be embraced with him like this. He felt right. After a few minutes, Hermione pulled away from Draco and grinned. "Let's head back." he mumbled. She nodded. "Yes my feet are killing me and I need a drink." She smiled. She was in shock. She had just kissed Draco Malfoy and liked it.

It was in their living quarters once they had both changed into their pajamas that Draco watched her. "Will you be my girlfriend. I want to take this slower. I don't want you to be rushed into being my fiancé." His words were soft. Hermione felt herself melt into his words as she nodded "Of course I will." She mumbled before leaning up to kiss him. Draco chuckled while they kissed, making Hermione look at him weird. "I was just thinking about how appalled my younger self would be to know he was going to be marrying Hermione Granger. I mean imagine me before I changed." He chuckled. Hermione laughed too. "I think I would have vomited to be honest. I used to really hate you." She admitted. Draco nodded "Well now we've admitted how much we hated each other. Let's go to bed."

It was no surprise to Hermione to see her and Draco on the front page of The Daily Prophet. " 'Our beloved Golden Girl Hermione Granger has been forced into an unloving marriage with Dark Ex-death eater and Slytherin Prince Draco Malfoy. Although the two were seen dancing together at the Halloween ball held at Hogwarts, it's believed that Hermione may be in danger considering that she is a muggle born marrying into a family of the purest of blood. We all send our prayers to Miss Granger.' This is ridiculous. How can people read this crap?" Hermione read out while holding back her tears of laughter. Draco grinned from the side of her. The two were sat in their living quarters the next morning. "Well some people just really want to ruin others." He smiled before kissing her cheek. "We won't let it get to us Mione. I promise."

Wow you guys are amazing. Last chapter I was saying how we were almost at 200 and now we're at 350 reads. The support means everything to me so thank you so much. Don't forget to Vote and Comment and thank you again for reading.