Chapter Fifteen

Dedicated to The_Secret_Witch for the amazing idea that I've put in this chapter. Ps the photo is what the ball looks like.

Draco woke up and was surprised to see the bedside next to him empty. It was the day before the new year's ball and Hermione had been at Malfoy Manor ever since the wedding. But she wasn't in bed and it wasn't like her to go exploring the house without him. Draco quickly got out of bed and put a robe over his body to go searching for his girlfriend. "Twinkle?" Draco called and he heard a pop before the house elf was in front of him "Yes Master Draco." The house elf bowed to him. Draco smiled "Do you know where Hermione is?" He asked and the house elf nodded. "Miss Granger is in the music room master Malfoy. She asked Twinkle if there was one and Twinkle told Miss Granger where it was." The house elf exclaimed excitedly.

Draco thanked the elf and then dismissed her as he went to find his girlfriend. The music room was a room that he went in a lot as a child but as he grew older and darker, the room got dustier and colder. But he could hear music coming from that very room. A guitar being played. He walked into the doorway and smiled when he saw Hermione playing the guitar while sitting in the room. She looked at peace. She looked like an angel. Draco didn't know how he had managed to get this lucky with the girl he was going to marry.

Hermione finally noticed him stood in the doorway watching her a few moments later. She smiled as he walked in. "You can play?" He asked with his voice barely above a whispered. Hermione nodded and smiled. "It used to be my getaway. My chance to feel normal." She explained. "When you're so different and everyone around me was a muggle and then I had magic. Summer was hard for me and so I learnt how to play guitar in the summer before I started at Hogwarts. Then I told my muggle friends that I was going to a musical academy to study my music further." She explained and Draco nodded, picking up the ukulele that was next to him.

"I used to play too. When I was much younger and wasn't full of the darkness later life gave me." Draco smiled as he started to play a bit of the ukulele. Hermione grinned. "I would have never imagined that. The Slytherin Prince that could also play the ukulele." She giggled. Draco shook his head. "Says you. The brave Hermione Granger, golden girl and Gryffindor Princess can play the guitar amazingly." He complimented. Suddenly the couple started playing a tune together and were laughing and smiling.

What they didn't notice was Narcissa come and inspect the noise that she was hearing from a room that hasn't been used in years. She smiled when she saw the young couple jamming out in the room. She smiled when she saw her son's smile. The smile that was glued onto his face when he was looking at the brunette girl. She could feel her eyes tearing up while she watched them both together. All those years she and her husband had been blood prejudice and taught their son the same when really people were the same.

"Mother?" Draco spoke and looked at his mother. He was at her side after seeing his mother in tears. Hermione had stood as well and did not expect what happened next. Narcissa flung herself at the girl and hugged her while crying. "I'm so sorry. You're a brilliant young woman and you always have been. I'm sorry that I taught my son to hate you purely based on your parents. You're one of the most amazing people I have ever met and I let myself hate you when I shouldn't have. I should have respected. You're one of the smartest witches in the world and I'm so happy that you get to be the reason that me and my family saw sense about the world."

Hermione was frozen. She didn't know what to do about what was happening to her right now. Here she had Narcissa Malfoy crying on her shoulder about how wrong she had been about hating muggleborns. She would have never imagined to ever come in this house again let alone actually be enjoying herself and getting close to the Malfoy family. "Narcissa?" Hermione started. The blonde Malfoy woman looked up at the girl in front of her. "Look at how far you and your family have come since the war. In ten years from now the Malfoy family won't be known for their hatred and darkness. They will be known for their light and support in these hard times. They will be known for opening themselves up and changing the way the family has been for years. They will be known for letting a muggleborn marry a child. You're past will be in the past." Hermione smiled and Narcissa nodded, also smiling. Draco simply watched on, in awe at the words from both women.