Chapter Nine.

October soon faded into November and with Christmas getting closer and more importantly, Harry's wedding, emotions were raised. Hermione had seen Ginny through every emotion but even now she was seeing new sides to the red haired witch. At every moment Hermione wasn't doing schoolwork, she was being dragged away by Ginny to do some wedding preparation. It was good because it helped her take the stress of the wedding but it was now mid November and Hermione had barely spent any time with Draco in the past few weeks.

Today was different though. Hermione was refusing to get out of bed and thankfully, Ginny was working with Luna to get her bridesmaid dress finished. This meant that Hermione actually had the day to spend with Draco. She didn't know what they were going to do as it was a weekend and they could do what they wanted but she knew she would find something to do.

Draco stirred from under her and she looked up at him with a smile on her face. He caught her eyes as he opened his own "What is this. I have my girlfriend still in bed with me. How has Ginny not stole you from me yet today?" He asked with a chuckle. Hermione rolled her eyes "It's my day off wedding preparations. If I'm like this for our wedding please like stun me. I give you permission." She said, sounding as serious as she could. Draco stretched a bit, moving his hand from her hip where it rested most nights. "What are we going to do with your rare day off?" Draco smiled. Hermione looked at him and shrugged "How about we start off with some breakfast?"

The couple got out of bed and few moments later. Draco was only in his boxers, something that had happened when he and Hermione became a couple. However when they got down their stairs, Draco gasped and looked at the figure in front of him. "Mother what are you doing here?" He asked, grabbing a robe that was hung up and putting it on as fast as he could. Narcissa Malfoy laughed. "Oh please Draco, I'm your mother. I'm just glad you decided to at least wear boxers. And thank you for the warm welcoming." She spoke. Hermione looked at Narcissa and spoke. "Can I get you a drink Mrs Malfoy?" She asked politely. Narcissa shook her head. "No thank you Hermione. And please call me Narcissa. Draco why can't you have Hermione's good manners."

The three sat down and it was Narcissa who turned to Draco. "Now you. How come I haven't been called to come and properly meet Hermione. We're you expecting me to just sit at home and not sure you two. After all she will be my daughter-in-law very soon." Narcissa scolded. Draco just looked up at her. "Erm well. She'll be seeing you at new year for the party?" He tried defending. Narcissa shook her head. "We should go to Hogsmeade for the day." Narcissa concluded.

And so half an hour, the three all got ready and left together. Narcissa didn't waste any time once they were in the Three Broomsticks in getting onto wedding plans. "So have you two decided a date for the wedding yet?" She asked as they all got their butterbeer. Draco looked at Hermione who spoke. "We were thinking of April time. It's the perfect balance between exams and we could have it during the holidays so no one will have stress." Narcissa smiled and nodded "That's a great time. And I would like to offer the manor for the wedding. We have some amazing gardens that would be perfect for a wedding." Narcissa suggested. Draco looked at Hermione and sighed. "Mother I don't think-" He was then cut off by Hermione. " That sounds amazing. You'll have to give me a tour when I visit." She smiled.

When Narcissa then went to the bathroom, Draco turned to Hermione. "Are you sure about the manor. I mean last time you was there...." He trailed off. Hermione put her hand over his that was on her knee. "Draco. You're mother suggested the garden. She didn't suggest the hall I was tortured in. Plus the best way for me to confront my fears of that room is for me to replace the bad memories with good ones. And any with you will be good." She confessed. Draco shook his head "I missed out not knowing how amazing you are. " He said before placing a kiss on her lips.

Later that day, Narcissa decided that it would be a good idea for them to apperate to Malfoy Manor so Hermione could have a look at the gardens. Draco had also said he needed to pick up a few things to. The moment Hermione walked into the house, she was shocked. Before when she came, it seemed so dark bit now the house was full of light. "A lot has changed, I know. After the war, I found myself with nothing to do. So I redecorated the house." Narcissa smiled. On a wall was a photo of the Malfoy family. Hermione smiled and looked at it. It was clearly taken a while ago. Draco looked no older than 9. He clutched his mother's hand. Both his parents looked happy and it was only now that Hermione saw what Voldemort had done to the family.

Draco appeared at her side. "This photo feels like it's a million years ago. Before the Dark Lord came back we were just a family. A screwed up family but you know." He admitted as his hand slipped into Hermione's. "I never saw this before. Will there be one of us when we start our family?" She asked. Draco nodded "Yeah of course there will be. My mother will make sure of that." He laughed and Hermione giggled along with him.

While Draco was on his room grabbing more things, Narcissa was giving Hermione a tour. "Now I don't know if you a Draco would like to share a room but if you don't then you'll get a room." Narcissa told her as they walked around the second floor. "Normally we share a bed so I think I'll probably just stay with Draco." Narcissa nodded and smiled. They walked down and Hermione was shown around more. One thing that Hermione noticed was that the room she had been tortured in was not shown and the door remained shut. When they stepped out to the garden, Hermione's mouth dropped.

"I guess I really needed something to do the whole time Draco was at school." Narcissa smiled as she spotted Hermione's reaction to the garden. Hermione just nodded "This is breathtaking." Hermione gushed as the two women walked further in. Narcissa walked towards a table where there was a house elf waiting. Draco was right about the house elves. This elf was nothing like how Dobby was. This elf wore a blue frilly dress and looked extremely happy. Narcissa noticed the look on Hermione's face and smiled again.

"Draco told me all about your commitment to house elves. I also know that you are aware of what happened with Dobby in this house. Things are different. Twinkle gets paid and we buy her clothes very regularly. She's welcome to leave anytime she wants. Now for me, house elves are more assistants. It's such a big house and can get quite lonely here when Draco is away." Narcissa admitted. Hermione grinned "I completely understand what you're saying. I guess... I was surprised when I first learnt how well the newer ones are treated."

After having some afternoon tea with pastries, Draco announced that he and Hermione should probably be heading back to Hogwarts. Draco shared a hug with his mother and she kissed his head. "Have fun darling." She said before turning to Hermione and hugging her too. Hermione took back the shock and hugged back. "Next time, we'll have to invite your parents to join us for tea." Narcissa commented after the two broke apart. Hermione nodded and grinned. "That would be good. Although they aren't too thrilled with who I was picked with and also that they found out from the Prophet." Hermione admitted. When she mentioned the Daily Prophet, She noticed Narcissa roll her eyes. "Listen you two, anything that stupid newspaper writes about you, just ignore it. They just want to cause drama."

Hermione and Draco apparated together back to Hogsmeade. Hand in hand, they then walked back up to the castle. As it was now getting later, most people were milling around the entrance to the school. Dinner hadn't started but people were hanging out in the Great Hall. Hermione spotted their friends and pulled on Draco slightly to walk over to them. Seeing Ginny, Hermione asked. "How was today?" Which earned her a glare and a "Don't ask." From Ginny which caused the table to erupt in laughter.

Wow I feel like I'm saying this every chapter but you guys are awesome. I hope the support will stay. Please Vote and Comment telling me what you think of it and what will happen in the future. Thanks again guys. -Alex xxx