Chapter Elevan

Hermione tried not to let the fight upset her but it was their first fight. And he had just walked out and left her all alone to look after a child. A child who was still crying in her arms while she just stared at the door. Hermione looked down at the baby and sighed. She used her magic to heal the small infant and just held her to calm her down.

Hermione hated being alone. She hated not having someone there by the side of her. It made her feel lonely. Even with the baby with her, she felt bad. Olivia was now awake a lot more and so Hermione spent a lot of the day with her, playing and teaching her how to do things like connect blocks into a box with different shapes on the top. It was fun but Hermione couldn't help but wonder when Draco was going to come back and whether she would have to spend the night alone.

It wasn't until dinner time while Hermione was feeding some baby food that Draco walked back into the quarters. Hermione just ignored him and focused on giving Olivia her food and then getting her cleaned up. Draco walked over to them and sighed "Hermione." He said sadly. He was full of regret about leaving them and had wanted to return as soon as he walked out but decided that they both needed some space. Hermione just shook her head. "Later." She simply said before picking Olivia up to give her a bath.

After the Bath was done and Olivia had been taken to bed, Hermione finally walked back down and looked at Draco with her arms crossed. "You better get talking because I want to know where you have been all day while I've been paying constant attention to Olivia." She said with a sharp voice. Draco sighed from his chair and looked up at her. "I'm sorry. I should have never left you alone with Olivia. I just figure that after the fight we could both do with some space." He admitted but Hermione shook her head.

"You can't think about that. What about Olivia. She ages 6 months in the morning. What if she doesn't remember who you are. What if she cries when you pick her up?" Hermione stressed. That was when Draco stood up to be with her and put his hands on her shoulders. "Hey listen. This is going to be fine and if we don't pass the assessment then we know what to do when the real thing happens don't we?" He said in a soft voice that Hermione had known to calm her down quite a lot.

Hermione looked up at him and sighed before just falling into him and hugging him. They had only gone back to school a few months ago but Hermione was sure that she could happily spend the rest of her life with the man whose arms were around her and whose lips were on her head. He looked at her and whispered "Let's go to bed. We have a one year old in the morning." He smiled.

The next two days went extremely smooth. Olivia was very well behaved and loved playing and babbling with one of them. But it was the morning that she was 2 that they woke up at 7:30 to a loud crash downstairs in the kitchen. Both Draco and Hermione sprung out of bed and ran downstairs to see Olivia in the kitchen, banging the cupboards and pulling things off the counter. Draco quickly rushed to pick the naughty two year old up. Hermione waved her wand to clear everything up. "How did she get out of her bed?" She asked confused.

The two walked up to Olivia's room with the young girl now cuddling up to Draco's shoulder as if she hadn't done anything wrong. Her blonde hair and brown eyes were now shown a lot more as her hair was growing down her back and her eyes had taken to more of Hermione's shape. When Hermione walked in she saw that the cot's adjustable side was down so that Olivia could get out easy. "I closed that last night." She said confused. Draco nodded. "I know. I was with yo- Accidental Magic" He said before Hermione groaned. "Not already surely." She sighed as she put it back up. They both then looked at Olivia who looked at the crib and the side dropped again. "Great now we have to put a lock on the crib." Draco groaned.

That day, Hermione and Draco as well as all their friends decided to go to the lake and have a picnic with the children. Ron and Pansy didn't look too pleased with their ginger two boys who were running around causing trouble. Harry and Ginny had an extremely well behaved daughter who was playing with the flowers along with Luna and Blaise's daughter while their son played with Ron and Pansy's boys.

"I'll be glad when this week is over." Pansy smiled and looked around "Honestly. If we have twins when it comes to the real deal I think I'm going to die. This has been hard enough with them aging everyday let alone having kids be like this for ages. I mean I love Robbie and Ronnie but I can't cope with them anymore." She cursed and the rest of the friends laughed. "Well other than knowing magic now, Olivia has been fine but talk to us at the end of the week and me and Mione might tell you something different." Draco chipped in while biting into a sandwich.

"Our little Lily has been perfect." Ginny smiled. "I wish we could keep her after the week. We definitely want to name our first girl Lily we think." She smiled and Harry nodded before turning to Luna. "How are Estrella and Cyrus doing?" She asked her friend who smiled. "Really well. Blaise is amazing with them both and we have a nice balance between them both." She answered, and Blaise nodded while kissing her cheek.

"Don't you find it strange how half of us hated the other half and now look at us?" Hermione said, leaning her head on Draco's shoulder. Blaise smiled "I think you and Draco have the strangest feel to it all. I mean you guys have gone from hating each other to loving each other. That's weird." He said and Draco chuckled. "Well you know what they say, opposites attract." He chuckled before kissing Hermione's head.

This was harder than Hermione thought it would be. As she walked to the Preparation classroom with their now three and a half year old, she was holding back the tears. Today was the day when they had to take Olivia back to have her be taken away as if she never existed and Hermione wasn't sure she could do it. The little girl stood next to her had brought so much light to her life and she didn't want it to all go away now.

As they got to the door, Hermione froze. "I can't do it." She mumbled, holding Olivia back from the room. Draco sighed and stopped, he too was holding back tears, something that his girlfriend was slowly releasing. He walked over. "We have to Hermione." He said softly. Hermione shook her head. "No Draco. I don't want to give her back. She's our daughter now." She sobbed out, breaking down into tears. Out of nowhere, Olivia pulled on her arm. "Mummy. It's okay. I'll be back if you call your baby Olivia." She said in her little voice. Hermione looked at Draco who was also confused but crying. "What?" Hermione asked, suddenly a voice was heard behind them. "I guess you two have found out first." Professor Sprout said from behind them. "Come into the classroom."

In the classroom, Hermione wasn't surprised to be met with some more of her crying classmates, all holding their children extremely close. Hermione sat at the Malfoy table while the pair held their daughter close. "I know that this is a very emotional time but it doesn't have to be. Because if you feel that you have bonded with the child you have not lost them. In fact, they haven't been born. When the children return to their newborn doll form, they will also cast as spell on you if you would like. It will mean that the first child you have or in certain cases children you have will be this child but this will only happen if the gender is the same as the baby sat in front of you. That being said. You can decide not to do so if you don't want this. Now. It's time to say goodbye for now."

Later that night, Hermione laid on the sofa with Draco, looking into the fire. The living quarters felt so quiet without the pitter patter of Olivia's footsteps. They hadn't spoke about whether Hermione had decided that Olivia would be their child but Draco was dying to know. It was Hermione's decision of course because she was the one who would be carrying Olivia. "Hermione." He started slowly, seeing that she wasn't as upset as she had been when they said goodbye to Olivia. She looked up at him and hummed to show she was listening. "What did you decide?" He asked slowly. She turned so that she was facing him as they had been spooning. Her smile broke out on her face. "Well our first little girl is going to be called Olivia." She said, now beaming.  

I honestly can't even express how shocked I am at this book. It's insane the amount of support that has been given to it. This chapter is also one of my favourite and I don't quite know why but I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please vote and comment if you did as well as following me and adding the story to your lists. Again thank you for the support. -Alex xxx