Chapter Two

A/N: Again, I don't own Harry Potter.

The Great Hall was instantly filled with the shouts of protests as Kingsley continued to explained. " They quizzes you all completed during the summer was to dictate which other witch or wizard you will be marrying by the end of this year. Failing right do so will result in your wand being snapped as it will class as an act of rebellion." He concluded his speech and more people started to shouted over everyone. Many chants were heard such as " Its not fair." and " You can't do this to us." Hermione was sat still. She couldn't believe that she was only 18 years old and was about to be told who she would be marrying. She didn't want to be married at least 18/19. She wanted to be able to focus on her school work this year not have to worry about who she would be marrying.

Draco pulled a protesting Pansy down to sit at the table. " Pans just calm down please. If we protest, they'll just make it worse and take away our magic. Maybe this will work out well for us. " He comforted her. Pansy nodded and smiled as Kingsley ordered for silence, pulling out a scroll. " The following names on this list will be who you will marrying before this time next year. You will be sharing a flat with this person as well to get you prepared for when you leave Hogwarts and will have to find a place to stay with this person."

The hall was completely silent as the minister unrolled the piece of parchment. On the table behind him, there were letters with what Draco could only imagine contained the password to their flats. He was still in shock from the announcement but knew that there was nothing that he could do to stop it and had to embrace whoever he was due to marry.

"Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley." Kingsley read out. The couple looked at one another and beamed before walking up to the minister and taking their envelope. Hermione smiled but watched as Harry looked down at the other letters and was confused. " As Mr Potter has just shown, the letters are charmed so only the people on the front can read them." Kingsley pointed out with ease. Harry and Ginny soon returned back to the table to see everyone else.

"Neville Longbottom and Padma Patil." Kingsley spoke next. Both Padma and Neville seemed pretty happy with who they got and wallet to the front of the room together to get their letters. They too returned back to the table to watch who got who. Now there was almost a buzz of excitement. People waiting to find out which fellow student that had been paired up.

"Luna Lovegood and Blaise Zabini." Shacklebolt spoke clearly, this earning the first gasp at the reveal of the Ravenclaw and Slytherin being joined together. However, neither Luna nor Blaise seemed too unhappy with who they had been placed with. In fact, they kinda looked happy and even smiled at one another. When Blaise returned to his table, he whispered to Draco and Pansy "Not bad. At least it isn't Millicent Bulstrode." He joked, trying to make them laugh. But no laughs were coming. Both Draco and Pansy were too nervous about who they would be chose to wed to laugh. Pansy however, only had to wait a little longer before being shocked.

"Pansy Parkinson and Ron Weasley." this name reveal earned an even bigger gasp than the Luna/Blaise set up. Pansy instantly turned pale white. "No. Please no. Anyone but Weasley." She mumbled but somehow managed to actually stand up and walk with an extremely red Ron Weasley to go and get their letter. Draco chuckled a big at how over the top his friend was being. Sure he knew it would be a pain to get any Gryffindor but she didn't have time act like this. When pansy returned, she looked at Draco and glared "Don't laugh. You might be with Millicent yet. "

But he wasn't. A few names later revealed that Millicent had been paired up with Crabbe. Draco looked around nervously as Pansy whispered "All the Slytherins are almost gone. You need to get in while you can." Draco should a glare at her "Believe me Parkinson. If I could I would." He spat at her. Then Draco looked up as he finally heard his name.