Chapter Twelve.

"Do we have everything?" Hermione asked as she looked around the living quarters. Draco chuckled from the green sofa. "Mione, we're leaving Hogwarts for 2 weeks, not forever. I'm sure if we have forgotten something than we can either come back and get a new one." He assured her, now standing up. It was the night before they were due to leave to go home for the holidays. The same holidays that would see Harry and Ginny get married at the Weasley home. Something that Hermione was looking forward to but Draco was dreading. It would mean him having to actually meet the whole Weasley family. It wasn't disgust making him nervous, it was shame. Shame for everything that he had done in the past.

Draco had lived his whole life thinking that people like the Weasley's were awful and had more children then they could afford. But actually, they were loved and well cared for children. Getting to know Ron and Ginny more made him know that more. When he was younger, he hated them. Now he was great friends with them.

"Sickle for your thoughts?" Hermione asked, seeing his drift into his own world. Draco snapped out of it. "I'm just nervous about meeting the rest of the Weasley's." He admitted. Hermione nodded. "You shouldn't. They are going to love you. They just might need some time. Mrs Weasley knows that I'm marrying you and she doesn't seem to have a problem with us. Mr Weasley will take longer but that's your father's fault not your own." She explained, wrapping her arms around him. "Plus you still have my parents as well to meet so it will be like meeting my whole family. Biological and not." She smiled. Draco sighed.

"That's another worry. I'm meeting your parents in less than 24 hours. I don't know how to talk to muggles." He stressed which made Hermione start giggling. "Just as you would talk to a wizard. The only difference is that they can't do magic. Apart from that, they are just like us. My mum will love you and my dad will grill you on all the stuff like whether you actually like me. Not that it matters because we're still getting married." She smiled. Draco knew it did matter as well. And for him, the trip meant more than just to meet her parents. He was going to ask her father for his blessing. Like Hermione said, it didn't matter if he did or not but he wanted to do it. And the diamond ring in his bag agreed with it.

The Hogwarts express was crowded as usual. Draco and Hermione managed to secure a spot at the end of the train where all their friends could sit. Soon enough, the Weasleys, Potters and Zabani couples all joined them and they chatted about random things. It got Draco away from the stress of meeting Hermione's parents but as the train started to slow down into Kings Cross, the nerves came back. The friends all got off the train and looked around. Hermione had told Draco that her parents would be waiting and home for them to apparate there.

"I'll see you on Christmas." Hermione smiled at everyone as she held Draco's hand. Ginny smiled "Owl us telling us what time you guys will be over. Don't forget that parents are more than welcome to come. Hermione are you still coming in a couple of days?" She asked and Hermione smiled at her. "I wouldn't miss it for anything." She smiled. Harry walked forward "You're coming too Draco right? The Weasley's are great when it comes to Quidditch. So much space." Harry invited and Draco nodded "Okay but you're all going down." He joked before shaking Harry's hand in a friendly way.

The couple were having a split Christmas in a way. They were staying at the Granger's home until Christmas day and having their own Christmas on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas day, they would all go to Malfoy Manor and spend most of Christmas there, including having dinner there. It had been Draco who suggested it. He didn't want his mother alone on Christmas day and so he invited the Granger family over to their house. It also gave the mothers some time to get to know each other before the wedding which was going to be held on April 3rd. The two had decided that date a few days before and submitted it to the Ministry.

The two arrived in a back alley not much later. The back alley that was right next to the Granger family home. It made no sense for them to apparate into the road because that would confuse other muggles and it made no sense to apparate straight into the house because that would scare Hermione's parents a bit and Draco did not want their first impression of him to be that he scared them. The couple then walked up the street and towards the house. Draco took it all in. He'd never been in a muggle neighbourhood before and he was intrigued to see everything in their houses.