Chapter Twenty

Hermione finished her class and looked at Pansy who was grinning. "Next time you come to class, you'll officially be Hermione Malfoy." She grinned as the two linked arms and walked towards their dorms. They were going straight to Malfoy Manor and staying there until the following Monday. "I'm still in shock that I'm marrying Draco Malfoy tomorrow." Hermione grinned. Pansy giggled. "Try telling your 13 year old self that and she would have cursed you into oblivion." She smiled. Hermione nodded "She actually would have. I used to hate him.-" She started but was cut off. "Talking about me are we soon-to-be-wife?" Draco walked in after the girls and pecked Hermione's lips. "That lesson was boring wasn't it?" He added. Pansy nodded but Hermione shook her head. "I thought it was interesting." She smiled. Pansy and Draco shook their heads. "You would" They said together.

All the friends walked down to Hogsmeade together. The couples each holding hands. "Right so me and Hermione will go first then you guys follow us." Draco spoke to the others. Everyone nodded as Hermione smiled over at him. Draco then turned to Hermione "When you're ready, let's go." He mumbled, holding onto her hand tight. Hermione nodded and within moments, they were both stood outside Malfoy Manor. The couple waited for the others to arrive shortly after and then the 8 friends started to walk into the Manor. Narcissa was waiting in the doorway for them along with Andromeda and Teddy who instantly babbled at the sight of the friends and reached out for his godfather to hold him. Harry happily took Teddy into his arms and held the little boy close to him.

"You're looking well sweetheart." Narcissa said as she hugged Hermione. "You as well Narcissa." Hermione smiled as Narcissa sighed and looked at Draco. "I need to talk to the both of you." She mumbled. The couple nodded and left their friends with Andromeda and Teddy to go into another room. "What is it Mother?" Draco asked, sounding worried. Narcissa looked at him "The Ministry lied to us about your father. They told us that he had been given the dementor's kiss but there are no dementor's at Azkaban anymore. I got a letter from them a couple of days ago but I didn't want to worry you before the wedding but then I also need to tell you-" Draco cut it off and took her hand. "Mother just say it." He said with a smile. "Your father is getting released from Azkaban."

"Please can one of you say something. You've been silent for over ten minutes. Draco darling." Narcissa pleaded, looking at the couple in front of him. "They're letting him go. After everything that he did they're just going to pardon him." Draco spoke slowly, it was obvious that he was trying to process it all. "Your father has been making claims that he was working with me and I guess the ministry just decided that they couldn't keep him in there with us out here and so they are releasing him on Monday." She said which made Draco turn paler. Hermione couldn't speak. She could barely move. "Monday? But Monday is our last day with you before we're going back to Hogwarts to study for our exams. We'll have to leave on Sunday then mother. I won't let him get between Hermione and I." Draco said, wrapping an arm around his fiancé protectively.

Narcissa sighed and after a bit looked at him. "I'm trying hard to get him in there for one more day but as he is no longer a prisoner, they can't really keep him in there Draco. I understand your wishes to go back to Hogwarts a day early and would actually advise it. Azkaban does not have newspapers going anymore and communication isn't really a thing there." She said and Hermione sighed "Meaning he doesn't know that his son is marrying a mudblood." Hermione said, making both the Malfoy's wince at the word. Draco looked down at Hermione's arm, the scars of the word were still faint. "Don't call yourself that." Draco whispered. Hermione then turned to him "But that is what your father will say. Your Mother and Father are two totally different people. He was ready to let Bellatrix kill me and was happy." She sighed and then shook her head "I don't want to worry about this right now. We're getting married married tomorrow and there is nothing he can do while he rots in Azkaban for a bit longer so I'm going to enjoy my wedding." Hermione said and that was final.