Chapter Sixteen

The new year ran into January and many of the Seventh and Eighth years were now learning that they would have to start juggling their weddings while also preparing for their NEWTs. Hermione was one of those included and was now cursing herself for not choosing a wedding that was closer to the new year as Harry and Ginny had done. It was hard enough knowing that but she also had to attend others weddings, many of which were taking place in the summer while exams were going on which would mean less studying. Because of that, it was now the end of January and Hermione was starting to get ready to begin her studying.

"Don't you think it's a bit much to be starting already?" Draco asked as they were getting ready for Neville and Padma's double wedding along with Dean and Parvati. Hermione sent him a look. "No with our wedding and everyone else getting married too, we're going to have to start these preparations a lot sooner than I expected if I want the same results. I need to be going over and summarising everything that I have learnt since starting my Newts which considering I was on the run for the whole last year, I need to start preparation." Hermione stressed to her fiancé.

Draco put his hands on her shoulders. "I know you want to do well in your exams but we have also got to talk about our weddings. It'll be two months until then in a few days and we have nothing sorted except that we're having it at the Manor in the gardens. What food are we going to have. What colour dress are your bridesmaids having? What about my best men? Are we going to have their ties matching the dresses?" Draco asked and although Hermione hated to admit it, Draco was right. They had made no effort throughout the past month to make any form of preparation for their own upcoming wedding. Even Pansy had invited her to go dress shopping, Hermione had declined. And Pansy's wedding was only two weeks before her own.

"I think that I'll take Pansy up on her offer to go to London tomorrow. I have an idea for the bridesmaid dresses. I think I want them to be a lilac colour. Kinda like what I wore for the Halloween ball. That kinda colour." She smiled. Draco nodded and grinned. "Well I was talking to the boys and I think that I could incorporate that into their gray suits. I think it makes sense having Ron, Harry and Blaise as my best men and then we can have them walk down the aisle with their partners." Draco smiled and nodded. Hermione stood up and adjusted her dress before also nodding. "Let's go then Mr Malfoy." She smiled.

The wedding was good. It obviously had a lot to live up to with it being the one to follow the wedding of Harry and Ginny Potter but the wedding seemed too calm. It was beautiful, just not as dramatic as many people hoped for it to be. Hermione loved dancing and the food was incredible but it didn't have the same feel to it as Harry and Ginny's wedding. Mostly because neither of the twins were too happy about the law and you could see it in the wedding. They didn't look happy at all and when they were posing for photos, you could tell that their smiles were faked.

"How long is it again before we can a divorce?" Pansy slurred, slightly drunk. "Because those four...." She said pointing at the newlyweds. "Are gonna need it." She slurred. Ginny grinned. " After the birth of the first child. Which means in about 3 years at the most." She said, perfectly sober then laughed at Pansy. "I swear to god you and Ron are like the drunk relatives at weddings. Can you not stay away from the firewhiskey for two minutes?" Ginny asked with a smile. Pansy shrugged. "Live a little Ginny. Even Hermione had some firewhiskey." Pansy slurred and Hermione laughed. "Meaning what? At mine and Draco's wedding there will be nothing alcoholic." Hermione joked and then burst into laughter at Pansy's face after she said it.

The next day, Pansy and Hermione actually went dress shopping alone without Ginny and Luna. Ginny was with Harry, looking at possible places to move into after their time at Hogwarts where are Luna was going shopping with some of her other Ravenclaw friends in preparation for their own weddings. Since the war, many people in her house had actually opened up to Luna and she had lots of friends there too.