Chapter 19 - Drama...Again

"What are you doing this Friday night?” Clayton asked as he leaned sideways against the locker beside mine, facing me with his hands in his pockets. I pursed my lips and looked at him before cocking an eyebrow.

“Why’d you ask?” I asked, opening my locker and collected the books I needed for the next period.

He smirked and shrugged casually. “In case you have forgotten, my darling, I’m still waiting for my third wish to be fulfilled,” He said in a fake British accent.

Oh my sweet peanut butter. I don’t know about you guys but I really can’t handle cute guys with British accent. Take Alex Pettyfer for an example. Just the mere sight of him can turn me into jell-o let alone him speaking in British accent. Heck, I think him speaking in any accent can turn me into jell-o.

Oh god...

I think I may have turned into a melodramatic queen.

I chuckled and shook my head. “In case you’re wondering, Wade, I haven’t forgotten,” I said and slammed my locker shut. I clutched the books onto my chest and turned to face him. “Needless to say, how could I forget?”

He smiled. “Good because I’m taking you out.” He winked.

“Where—“

Before I could finish my sentence, he cuts me off. “Don’t ask where,” He put up his index finger. “Actually, don’t ask about anything. It’s a surprise. I know you don’t like surprises but I like them so I’m gonna do it anyway,” He shrugged casually.

I rolled my eyes as a smile crept onto my face. “Is this supposed to be a date?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Heck yeah it is,” He said and winked. “But just to let you know, I’m not a romantic kind of guy, I don’t do candle light dinners, I don’t do slow dances, I don’t plan on renting the whole restaurant just for the two of us. I’m not romantic, I don’t do those shits guys do in movies or books...” He trailed off until I put a hand over his mouth

I laughed and took my hand off his mouth. “Wade, I don’t really care about what kind of date you’re planning, as long as you’re there and I know that you’re not a romantic guy, it’s okay. I don’t want something extravagant or luxurious myself. I prefer something simple, and frankly I’d rather have a date in my house, chilling while watching netflix with a bunch of junk foods rather than eating at a five-star restaurant with small portions of food filled with people.” I said, offering him a smile.

“Oh cupcake, we're definitely made for each other,” He said and ruffled my hair.

“Clayton Wade,” an annoyingly familiar voice said from across the hall. “Nice to meet the so-called king of Lockwood High.” I turned my head towards the source of the voice and was greeted with no other than Dean Parker. He was standing there across the hall, leaning against his locker with his arms crossed on his chest.

“Dean Parker,” Clayton replied, his voice laced with hatred and disgust. He smirked as he stepped forward with his arms crossed on his chest. “How was the weather in Arizona? I heard it’s hot there,” He said, smirking.

Dean’s eyes flicker to mine, and I stare blankly back at him. He must have realised that I told Clayton because from the way he was looking at me, he seemed furious and there was anger written all over his features. However his features suddenly soften as he walked towards me. “Serena, can we please talk? Alone.” He looked at Clayton, who looked like he was ready to kill then back at me, I widened my eyes as I realised what he was trying to do.

Clayton scoffed as he glared at Dean furiously and stepped in front of me, creating a barricade between me and Dean. “Go anywhere near her or touch her and I’ll kill you,” He stated. I swear if looks could kill, Dean would already placed inside his coffin right now.