Chapter 24 - Are We Dating?

Am I ready for another relationship?

Maybe.

Do I want it now?

Probably.

I kept asking myself those two questions on the way to Clayton's house. To be quite honest, I was never really good at relationships. I lack sense of humor and I tend to lose focus on whoever I was talking to, also I'd rather spend my weekend watching movies in my room or reading my books. That's why I could say, on a scale 1 to 10, I'm probably at a five – points just for having a boyfriend. It's hard for someone as socially awkward as me to have a boyfriend, you know. 

I have never been in relationship after my last one ended in such a bad way, that I could never forget. After the loss of my best friend, my boyfriend decided to left 'for good' – according to him. My last relationship was a nightmare. Clayton, on the other hand, he seems like a nice person once I get to know him. He is the complete opposite of me.

Opposites attract, they say.

I'm currently sitting in Clayton Wade's living room, while Clayton is ordering pizzas beside me.

"What are you thinking so deeply?" Clayton asked as he was done ordering and put the phone down.

"Nothing." I shrugged and smiled at him

"Yeah right," Clayton rolled his eyes and looked at me intensely. "You can tell me, you know. If you have something in your mind."

"I just..." I sighed. "I'm scared."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Of what?"

"Relationships? Love? Both?" I shrugged and flopped myself against the sofa.

He chuckled. "So we're going to talk about this now?"

"What?"

"Let me ask you one thing," He said and took a seat beside me. Mind you, he has no respect for personal space whatsoever. "Are we dating?" He asked and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know, Wade," I said. "That depends on how you define dating."

"Well, I mean like I'm your boyfriend and you are my girlfriend type of dating," He said and smirked. "How do you define dating, anyway?"

"Well, I define it as an activity of two people to get to know each other and then see if it could lead into something more like a relationship," I said and crossed my arms.

He groaned. "What a nerd."

"I am a nerd," I said proudly.

He chuckled. "So, are we dating?"

I smiled. "We just went on a date so I guess we are? I don't know, Wade. I thought you're better at this than me."

He leaned in and abruptly kissed my cheek. "Then we are, mi lady."

I widened my eyes and looked at him in shock. "Wade! How dare you! Without my permission!" I punched him in the shoulder.

"I'm your boyfriend," He said. "I don't need permission anymore, do I?"

"Who says you're my boyfriend?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I just did."

~

"Tell me everything." Claire asked as soon as she saw my face without a proper greeting. She clearly wanted to squeeze all of the informations out of me.

"Good morning to you too, Dane." I said as I closed my locker and leaned sideways against it to face her – that's when I realized her face couldn't have been so intense. "Geez, calm down, woman. It's just a date." I said and started walking towards my first class.

"It's just a date with Clayton Wade!" Claire said as she catches up with me. "So, what happened?" She said and wriggeled her eyebrows.

I shot her a disgusted look. "Woman, you need Jesus. We're going to church this Sunday."

"Come on! Did you kiss?" She asked.

"Only on the cheek."

Her jaw dropped. "Only on the cheek? Are you f*cking kidding me? You went on a date with Clayton Wade, the school's hottest guy, and you only get a kiss on the cheek?" She scoffed.

"What was I supposed to get?" I asked and rolled my eyes. "It's only the first date, Claire. There are many more dates coming."

She grabbed my forearm and we stopped walking. "Wait, does that mean you're dating him? Like, he's your boyfriend?" Her eyes twinkling as she looked at me.

"We are." She shrieked and I swear the whole school could hear her, I quickly shushed her.

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you!" She exclaimed and hugged me. "Ah, speaking of the devil."

As we broke the hug, I looked behind me and saw Clayton walking – wait no, he's running towards me. "Hey—" He didn't let me to finish my sentence before attacking me with the warmest hug I could ever get in my whole life. I chuckled before hugging him back.

"You're coming to school with me starting from tomorrow, okay?" He said as he broke the hug. "Ditch the Danes."

"Hey!" Claire exclaimed. "I'm right here, lover boy."

"I know," He said and put his arm around my shoulders. "You heard right? She's my girl now so starting from tomorrow, she's coming to school with me."

She scoffed in disbelief. "Let her choose, Wade." Claire said and pulled me towads her. "Serena, will you go to school with this guy on his bike or with me and Brody in a car?"

"I have a car, you know." Clayton said and she groaned.

"Listen, you two," I stood in front of them. "I have a car so I'll go to school on my own and if I need your help, I'll let you know. Problem solved!" I said and walked towards the class.

"She will definitely choose me." I heard Claire said and run up to me.

"Let's see, Dane!"

The first period was filled with people whispering and staring at me because of what happened this morning. Girls are sending their glares towards me as if they want to kill me, however, no one tried to mess with me yet. Boys are avoiding me – not that I mind but it is definitely weird.

"Psst" I looked beside me and saw a strawberry blonde sitting next to me. "Are you really dating Clayton Wade?"

Should I say yes?

They're going to found out eventually.

Right.

"Yeah, why?" I said and looked away.

If this is what it feels like to be dating Clayton Wade, then I'm loving it.

***

Hello lovelies! I'm sorry it's a short chapter. I was really busy for the past couple of months. I have exams and stuffs, you know school stuffs.

I just want to say thank you for reading, voting, and commenting on my story. Your support means a lot for me. Thank you xoxo.

Hope you like this one. Please vote and comment what you think.