Chapter 28 - I Can Treat You Better

Cold was the night when I left him. It was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made but it was for the best, at least for me. What's the use of hanging onto someone you know you can't trust anymore? Having to lost someone you love is hard, but do you know? You can find love in everyone  – it's trust that is hard to find. It takes years to earn someone's trust, but only took a matter of seconds to lose it.

And do you know what's the worst part is? Knowing that no matter how much you try to erase him from your memory, you just couldn't bare to do it. Knowing that there will always be a place for him in your heart, but now it's just an empty space that no one can fit in it.

"Serena..." Brody called out knocking on my door. "Will you please come out? The sun's out already. You need to eat something."

I stayed up all night because everytime I close my eyes I could only see him and his little family. It hurts to know that no matter how precious our relationship was, at least to me, he would obiviously put his baby first.

"Go away—"

I was cut off when Brody opened the door to my room. I was sure that I locked the door. "How did you—oh," I stopped when I saw a bobby pin in his right hand and a bag of potato chips on his other hand. I sometimes forget that Brody is a former delinquent.  "I'm not in the mood for any of your nagging so please don't start."

"What am I? Your mother?" Brody said sarcastically as he sat on my bed. "Do you want some chips?"

I rolled my eyes but took the chips and eat it anyway. "How's your hand?"

He looked at his hand and smiled. "It's okay. It felt good though."

"Punching a person feels good? There's something wrong with you," I chuckled. "But true, he deserves that."

Brody punched Clayton in the face by the way. I didn't expect that he would do that either.

"You know..." Brody gazed at me and took my hand in his. "You don't deserve any of this. There will be someone who will treat you better than he does. You deserve to be happy. You're a good person, Serena. Don't let him be the reason why you forget to be happy."

I smiled and pulled him into a hug. It comforted me knowing that Brody is always and will always be on my side and that I can always count on him. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have the Danes.

"Thank you. I really needed to hear that." I said as he returned the hug.  This is all I need right now.

"So should I join the cuddling session or nah?" Claire shouted as she entered the room and tossed herself onto me and Brody who was still hugging. "Did you kick that son of a biscuit where the sun doesn't shine?"

"Nope," I shook my head. "But he did."

Claire gasped. "You kicked his balls?"

"What? Ew! No way, that's disgusting. What she meant is that I punched him." Brody said.

"Attaboy!" Claire exclaimed as she gave Brody a high five.

I smiled. "What a violent set of twins."

"Be thankful that we are because who would be in charge of the physical things when you're too good of a person?" Claire asked.

I just shrugged. "Violence wouldn't solve anything, babydoll."

"True. But it will definitely teach them a lesson or two, honeybear." Brody stated.

I wrinkled my nose in disgust at the nickname he just called me. "Honeybear? Dane, you can do a lot better than that."

He chuckled. "Speak for yourself, Castello."

"Anyway what should we do today?" Claire asked. "It's Saturday. There's no party—"

"Yes, there is. Dylan is having a party at his place," Brody said. "He invited me just a while ago. We should go."

"No. I'm not going to another party," I stated. "I won't and you can't make me." Claire and Brody just looked at each other and smirked as if they're plotting a way to kill me. Oh no. I put up my fists to protect myself from the evil twins before me. "Not today, Satans."

***

Hello lovelies! I'm back with another chapter! Hope you like this one!

Please leave a like and comment!