Chapter 30 - The Evil Twins

Clayton

Shocked, horrified, and confused. That's what I felt when suddenly a rush of memories came flooding back in. It's scary how your mind can forget and then when you try to remember, it all just came back like magic. The last thing I remember was finding Nora knocked out cold in Ethan's bedroom. I didn't question anything back then because I thought Ethan would never do anything to her. He's my best friend, after all. Right?

Serena and I decided to went to the nearest diner to figure things out. It had been killing me knowing that I have hurt her because of my actions – I didn't think she would figure it out so fast. Not that I didn't want to tell her, I was just trying to find the right time to tell her. Heck, my mom doesn't even know. Nobody knows about this except for Ethan.

"Isn't it a little strange that you find your girlfriend in someone else's bedroom after a party let alone she was drunk?" Serena asked.

"At that time, no. I didn't make a big deal out of it," I answered. "I was...okay with it. Maybe because it was Ethan."

"Was Ethan in the room with her?" She asked.

"I don't think so," I said trying to recall what happened that night. "I remember going into the bedroom, finding Nora on the bed, and that's it. The room was too dim for me to figure who was there."

She looked at me, thinking deeply for a respond to my reveal.

"Do you think Ethan might know what happened? I mean, it was his bedroom to begin with, and it was his party." She said.

I shook my head. "I've asked him a thousand times and his response never changed. He doesn't know anything." After I said this, she bit her bottom lip with a look of hesitation on her face. She was contemplating whether she should say what she was thinking. I knew it, just by looking at her expression. "What?"

She sighed and licked her dry lips. "Do you ever think...maybe...just maybe that Ethan might be not telling you the truth?" She revealed ever so gently, afraid I might get offended.

Shit.

I sighed. "He's my best friend. I have known him literally since we were in diapers," I denied. "He would never lie to me....right?"

"I'm sorry..." She said looking down. "I know that. I'm sorry."

I was in a mental breakdown, I didn't know how to respond. Serena might've pointed out the fact that I've always tried to deny all this time. Truth be told, I had thought about that, but I always slapped myself back to sense because Ethan was like a brother to me and I knew he would never do anything to the person I loved. "Don't be. Honestly, I had that thought too but I can't afford losing the only best friend I have." I let out a dry laugh.

"Does Nora knows anything about the party? I mean, she could've remembered even if she was so drunk," She said.

"I never asked her," I shrugged. "I thought it would just stress her out more. I mean, she has a baby to look after."

She sighed. "How about a DNA test?" Serena suggested.

You're an idiot, Wade.

"I...forget I could do that," I said slapping myself mentally.

Serena laughed. I swear her laugh sounded so beautiful in my ears. "And did you also forget that your mom is a nurse?"

I shook my head. "I don't want to involve her in this."

"Wade, listen to me. You don't have a freaking clue what to do and neither do I. Which is why I believe your mom's opinions will help you, the baby, and even Nora. We need to tell her. However, will your mom be furious? Of course. Will she kick you out of the house? Probably. Will she try to castrate you? Maybe," I stared at her blankly. "But Wade, a mother is a mother. She loves you no matter what and that also includes having a baby. Shit, I'm bad at peptalk. What I'm trying to say is that we should tell your mother."