Chapter 34 - Keep Your Friends Close

*Dean is played by Chace Crawford (in case you forget how he looks like ;)*

It was finally Friday. To be honest, I didn't know what to expect because it has been a long time since Dean, Claire, and I hung out and actually talked. Will we find the old us? No, that's not possible. No matter how close we were, time has changed us and it's impossible to find the old us. Maybe today, we will find the new path to rebuild our friendship.

"So, where do you want to do the task?" Claire asked as we walked out of our last class of the day.

"Library?" I suggested.

Claire scrunched her nose, "Anywhere else? What about Monroe's?"

I shrugged, "Sure. Speaking of Monroe's, I have bad memories of that place."

"Why?" Claire asked.

"Clayton and I broke up there," I laughed dryly. "Where is he anyway? I haven't seen him all day. Was he absent? You had two classes with him today."

"I see, then let's not go there," Claire said and patted my back. "I didn't see him today. He didn't tell you anything?"

"Nope," I shrugged.

As we talked, we reached the parking lot where we saw Dean waiting by his car and waved at him to which he waved back smiling. I have to admit, I've missed him and when I look at Claire, it seemed she felt the same.

"So, where are we doing this?" Dean asked.

"How about my house?"

"Wow, how long has it been since I've been to your house?" Dean asked as we walked into my house

"Wow, how long has it been since I've been to your house?" Dean asked as we walked into my house. "Nothing has changed, I see."

"You said that as if you went away for years," I chuckled. "It hasn't been that long, you know."

"Right," Dean laughed. "Where's Sebastian? Is he still dating your co-worker at the bookstore?"

"No and I quit working at the bookstore," I said.

We were sitting in the living room while Claire was in the kitchen rummaging through each drawers. This is awkward. I wanted to ask so many things to him but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't know if he will answer my questions or whether he would think I'm being pushy.