Chapter 31 - Circles

Serena

I was not lying when I said Clayton just digged his own grave, after the twins and Clayton met for the first time since I broke up with him, all hell broke loose. During the car ride, they kept on ranting and roasting him, to which Clayton accepted gladly because he knew he was at fault, but because I felt bad for him, I asked the twins to save their rants for now and they can continue later without me, because I didn't need to hear them cursing the life out of Clayton. I already felt bad enough for his mom and Nora, so I didn't need to feel bad for him too.

When Clayton called the twins evil, I didn't disagree. Let me tell you, Claire and Brody might've came out from the same womb but their personalities couldn't be more different. Claire liked to keep things to herself, while Brody, well, he was a delinquent and everybody knew. However, they do have one thing in common; they're very protective of anyone and/or anything they love, and that includes me. So, everyone let's pray for Clayton.

"So, you're saying that someone else from the party is the father?" Claire asked after Clayton explained what happened at Ethan's party for the millionth time.

After what seemed like the longest car ride in my life, we decided to go to Monroe's for dinner and to figure out how to save Clayton's life and if the twins could remember anything from the party because, of course, they were there. "Yes, Claire. How many times do I have to explain?" Clayton groaned in frustration.

"I don't buy it," Brody said and crossed his arms on his chest. "Were you drunk?"

"No. Unlike someone, I don't drink when I know I'm driving," Clayton said taking a jab at Brody who failed to drive me home after drinking thirty cans of beer at another one of Ethan's parties.

"Uh oh, shots fired." I laughed and high fived Clayton for it.

Brody just rolled his eyes at our antics. "Right, says the one who was not even a little suspicious, when he found his girlfriend unconscious in his best friend's room after a party," Brody smiled in satisfaction at his remark which only earned him the middle finger from Clayton.

"Why did you leave her alone anyway? Wasn't she your girlfriend?" Claire asked.

"I told you, I lost her. I was looking for her everywhere when I found her in Ethan's bedroom. She was drunk," Clayton answered.

"Weird," Claire said and furrowed her eyebrows. "I thought Nora Bennett wasn't that type of girl. No offense, but she doesn't seem like the type of girl to go to a party much less getting drunk." She continued and lied her back against the chair.

"Wait, did you say Nora Bennett?" Brody asked and widened his eyes.

"I did, why?" Claire asked confusedly. Well, I was confused too. "Do you know her?"

"I do. I met her while I was in juvie," Brody said ever so casually while crossing his arms over his chest. "She was kind of antisocial though so I didn't really get to know her."

Clayton, Claire, and I fell into a deafening silence. It was like the world stopped moving for hours because none of us said anything after Brody made the shocking revelation. "You knew her all this time but you never tell us?" Claire asked.

"I didn't know his ex was Nora Bennett!" Brody said in a defensive tone. "I mean, c'mon! How many Nora's are there in this town? And also if you tell me sooner, I would've told you."

"Why was she in juvie?" I asked.

"She was in juvie?" Claire repeated what I just said before widening her eyes and shot a look at Brody. "Are you sure we're talking about the same person? What did she do? Because the Nora we all know was a fucking angel."