Chapter 23 - I'm Glad You Put Me Into Detention

"Sweet child o' mine

Sweet love of mine

She's got eyes of the bluest skies

As if they thought of rain

I'd hate to look into those eyes

And see an ounce of pain"

I turned the volume of the song as Clayton and I sang together at the the top of our lungs. "I love this song!" I turned the volume even higher as it reached the chorus while Clayton laughed at me eventhough his face clearly said that he loved it. Clayton and I have one thing in common, which is we love rock music."Anyways, where are we going?" I asked curiously as I turned my head to the side. He was smiling from ear-to-ear while looking up ahead.

Can I just say that I'm glad I put Clayton Wade into detention. I had to fight the urge to sigh dreamily just by looking at him. I mean, come on, that's a living piece of art and I'm not exaggerating.

"Somewhere nice and quiet," Clayton said without glancing at me. "You're going to like it, I promise."

"I don't like the word 'quiet' though," I said. "It sounds creepy."

"Why? You think I'm going to kill you?" Clayton joked. He's joking, right?

I groaned. "Just forget I say that."

After a few more minutes we arrived at the local movie theater. After parking his car, we got out and walked towards the movie theater. Odd, there's a 'closed' sign on the door. "But, it's closed?" I asked Clayton and he just smirked. Oh my god, are we going to break into a movie theater? Is he just like any other bad boys I read in books or watch in movies?

We walked inside the movie theater while I clutched onto Clayton's arm. "Mr. Wade!" A guy in a suit approached us with a big smile on his face and reached out his hand. "I'm Corey. The one you talked to yesterday."

Clayton let go of my arm and shook the guy's hand. "Nice to meet you."

"We have prepared the theater as you have requested and we have closed the theater for tonight as you have requested." The guy, Corey, said.

Wait what?

"You rented this theater?" I whispered.

Clayton nodded. "My dad own this place so that made things a whole lot easier for me."

I think my jaw just dropped. His dad own a freaking movie theater. There's a lot of thing I need learn about his family. The next thing I know his dad could be the president of Russia or something. "Your dad own this place? How come you never told me before?"

"I don't know. My dad just never come across my mind," Clayton said and shrugged. "Let's go."

Corey led us to the theater that Clayton has requested. To be honest, I have always wanted to watch a movie in an empty theater because most of the time I went to a movie theater, other people are always annoying. Sometimes they're too loud and I wanted to watch the movie in peace.

We sat on the fourth row to the back and waited for the movie to be played, while Corey went outside to get us our popcorns and drinks.

"What are we going to watch?" I asked.

"Something you would like," Clayton answered. "And it's not romance."

I sigh in relief. "Thank god you know me so well."