Chapter 27 - Lies Don't End Relationships, The Truth Does

It had been at least six hours after Claire and I visited Kendra's house and confronted her about the whole dilemma with Clayton might be having a baby with his ex-girlfriend, yet I am still here laying on a bed staring blankly at the ceiling drowned in thoughts with how am I supposed to handle this. Crying won't make me any better nor does confronting him which only make matters worse if I lost control of my emotions.

I was a mess. A terrible mess.

I had been completely ignoring Clayton's calls and messages after I found out the truth about him and Nora. It was hard to know that your boyfriend has been lying behind your back instead of just telling the truth. I could've handle the shock of him having a child with another woman if he was the one who told me, but for me to find out through the devil herself was crossing the line.

"I told you not to get too close to him," Brody proclaimed as he sat on his bed beside me. "Now look where it got you."

The only person that could kept me sane in this whole situation was Brody. Claire was out there making phone calls to everyone she knew that could prove that Clayton might not be the father. Meanwhile, Brody was the only one that warned me about Clayton yet I chose to ignore his warning and continue to be blinded by my illusion of having to be the one girl that could warm up to the bad boy and live happily ever after.

How naive of me.

"I don't know what to do anymore," I huffed. "Should...I just end all of this? And it's not like he will leave the mother of his baby, right?"

Brody shrugged and laid on his bed beside me staring at the ceiling. "I'm not one to talk about relationships but I know what you said just now wasn't sincere," Brody stated. "If I were you, I would confront him and then you two can figure out what to do next."

"It's easy to talk, Dane. What if I lost and my feelings got the best of me?" I cried as Brody stood up and looked at me with an sympathetic look on his face.

"Let's go confront that asshole," Brody stated and stuck out his hand to me. "Don't worry, Castello. I'll be by your side so just give me a sign when you feel like you will breakdown; I'll catch you," he said and grinned at me.

I pursed my lips as I felt my heart skipped a beat at his words – they sounded so sincere. Brody and I might have a love-hate relationship, but right now he's clearly the cause of my relief. I took his hand and stood up.

"Ask him to meet you at Monroe's to talk," Brody said and I nodded. I immediately took out my phone and saw twenty missed calls and fifty unread messages from Clayton. Holding back my tears, I gathered all my courage and texted him to meet me at Monroe's and not even a minute later, Clayton replied that he will be there.

"What next?" I asked.

"We beat the shit out of that motherfucker," Brody said and smirked as he put on his leather jacket.

***

"Clayton?"  I called out as I recognized the familiar back facing me. I was trying my best to not let my emotions got the best of me and bury myself inside his arms because to be fucking honest, I missed him so much. Brody was trailing behind me, keeping a safe distance between me and him.

Clayton stood up and immediately went to hug me as he saw me. I was about to hug him back when I remember what Claire said before we drove here; whatever you do show him that you're mad – so I put down my hands before they reached his back. Claire was fairly angry with Clayton to the point that she couldn't company me to confront him because she was afraid what she could do to him if she saw him.

He must have sensed something's wrong because he broke the hug and looked at me with a confused expression, then his eyes travelled to where Brody was standing. "Why is he here?" he asked with his hands still on my shoulders.

"He drove me here," I answered and removed his hands from my shoulders. "And he will drive me home too."

"What?"

I sat on the seat at our usual table near the window while Brody did the same and sat beside me. Clayton was confused but he still sat in front of us, looking back at me then Brody. "Why do you keep avoiding my texts and calls? Do you know how worried I was? I went to your house but you weren't there, but I guess now I know where have you been. You've been with this dipshit the whole time?"

Brody clenched his jaw and looked away. I swore I could hear him snorting at Clayton's remark. "Let's just go to the point, shall we Wade?" I stated. "I know everything about you and your ex-girlfriend Nora Bennett. Congratulations." I spat with a voice laced with venom.

He widened his eyes. "H-How do you know?"

"It doesn't matter how I know, what matters is why you have been lying to my face all this time and how you have been going to your ex-girlfriend behind my back," I said almost breaking down but Brody took my hand and squeezed it for support. I turned to him and gave him a reassuring smile. "Why?"

Clayton pursed his lips before sighing, "I'm sorry, Serena. I don't know what to say...I'm a mess, I know I should've told you and I know that I shouldn't lie but didn't I tell you to trust me and that I would tell you everything when I'm ready?"

I scoffed. "Wade, do you think I would just stay by your side when all you've been doing was spacing out whenever we're on a date and tell me everything's okay when clearly nothing is fucking okay?!"

He messed his hair. "Do you think I don't want to tell you? I want to tell you everything, Serena. I just don't know how and I'm scared of how you would react. I'm scared you will leave me when you know...it's hard."

"What's so hard about being honest to your girlfriend?" I said, finally letting my tears out. The anger, confusion, frustration, and hurt combined into one. I was an erupting volcano. "What's so hard about telling me the truth instead of lies that one way or another I will find out? A baby, Wade? It doesn't go away. They stick with you forever because it's your flesh and blood. But relationships? They go away. Why? Because lies don't end relationships, the truth does."

***

Hello lovelies! I'm back again with another chapter. I'm sorry it took so long to finally update. I AM FINALLY FREE FROM ALL EXAMS AND ALL OF THOSE SHITE, I CAN FINALLY UPDATE MORE! Yay!

I hope you liked this chapter, please comment and vote!