Chapter 32 - Back To Normal

Clayton's POV

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard what Dani said. I mean, she basically just turned my life upside down when she told me that Nora was never pregnant. Hell, my brain couldn't comprehend the information it was getting. For the past few months, I thought my life was over and that I was going to take care of a child for the rest of my life. Heck, I was ready to accept the fact that I have a child so when Dani told me that Nora was never pregnant, I literally wanted to throw up.

My bottom might gained abs for all of the butt-clenching.

"What did she tell you?" Dani asked

"That she had my baby and will be moving into town soon but until now I haven't seen her," I answered.

"I hate to tell you this but Nora is full of shit," Dani said. "I mean, she was in juvie so you should've known."

"I didn't know she was in juvie. She never told me about it." I said.

Dani sighed. "Listen, whatever she said about her being pregnant, none of them are true. Do you know why she was sent to juvie?"

We all shook our heads. "We didn't even know she was in juvie," Claire said and turned her head towards Brody, "Except this guy."

"She's a kleptomaniac," Dani said. "She has been like that for a long time, I think it started when we were a little. Our parents divorced when she was only 3 years old and our mom remarried with another man who is an addict. We were physically and mentally abused by him, that's why we ran away. I was 13 and she was 10," Dani proceeded, "We were put in different foster homes. Nora was adopted by her foster parents and moved to the other part of the city, your part of the city. And I'm here."

After listening to Dani's story, I began contemplating my decision to unleash my rage towards Nora. Sure, I was mad and sad that she would lie to me like that but seeing where and what she has been through, I decided just to let it slide. She has been through a lot and at least, we know the truth so I'm going to bury this in the past. She didn't do any damage to me by lying to me, well, she did got me and Serena broken up but I'm not the type to hold grudges.

We finally decided to go back because it was getting dark and we had school the next day. We all agreed to never talk about this issue again and to bury this in the past because it was the best for both me and Serena, and for Nora as well. I didn't want to prolong this issue. Now it's time for me to get my life back on track.

Serena's POV

Serena's POV

Unbelievable.

Completely and utterly un-freaking-believable.

I woke up late.

We got back pretty late last night, which is why I immediately showered and slept so I wouldn't wake up late but here I was - took probably the fastest shower in my life and put on whatever I saw first in my closet. A white t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I put on my black converse and put my hair up in a ponytail. I have never been late to school and I don't want to break that record. Call me a freak, but it there was one thing I completely hate it has to be; tardiness.