14

He didn't text me. For three days. I didn't pursue it, I wasn't going to bother. I love when guys played hard to get, but this was going on for too long. 4 weeks too long. There was something about him that actually drives me fucking crazy, yet I yearn for him. My hormones have been racing ever since I heard that voice of his. Ever since he told me what he could do for me.

"What's wrong, Sahar?" Elle asks.

"What's wrong with Sahar?" Jesse asks, sitting down with us. We had a free period, and Elle saw me stop in the library instead of going home.

"Nothing is wrong with me."

"You've been off for a couple of days, Sahar," she says sadly.

I play with my phone, swinging it around the table. Okay maybe I was a bit off. G has me feeling like crap. I don't know why this was upsetting me. He was right, I don't know him.

I take it back. I do know him, on a spiritual level, he's something else. He's someone else. Why do I have to be attracted to such assholes?

"Do I need to buy you some food?"

"I'm not romantically depressed," I retort.

"Do I need to take you out to a movie?"

"I'm not bored, Elle."

"What's wrong then?"

"Talk to us, Sahar," Jesse pleads, grabbing onto my arm.

"Guys," I start. "Shut up, I'm okay. Don't worry about me."

"If you say soooooo," Elle drags on. "Jesse, let's go to Two Hands yeah?"

"I kinda need to go home," she says softly. "I'm going to be helping the church give out Thanksgiving dinners."

"Oh okay," Elle says.

"I'll walk out with you, I want to go home."

I gather my things and we walk out together. The halls were quiet, our footsteps echoing every stepped me took. We went our separate ways once we stepped outside. Jesse's mom waved to us as she drove off from the parking lot, and Elle left to go catch the bus.

I looked around the parking lot, looking for my car. I couldn't help but notice a guy leaning against his car, checking the time. He looked familiar, like I've see him before. The closer I got, I noticed that he was right on the other side of my car. Oh god, I suddenly don't want to go. He looked so scary.

I get on the driver's side, throwing my bag in the back of my seat. I opened up my door, about to get in before the guy called out to me.

"Not even gonna say hello cupcake?"