27

Grayson was snoring like a log. Poor baby was going to wake up with a hang over. I got up early, grabbing my phone and looking at my texts. My parents texted me, knowing that I was at "Elle's" place. She always had my back. She was the second person to to text me, but I ignored it.

I went into his studio, grabbing the cup of whiskey and the half empty bottle. I put it on the counter once I got into the kitchen. I opened the cabinets, looking for pans. I found a medium size pan, and went to his fridge to grab some eggs. I read somewhere that it was good hang over food, along with some toast. It didn't take that long to cook it,  and I went to his bathroom to grab some pain killers. When I came back Grayson was eating the egg out of the pan with his fingers.

"Sit down, you pig," I say, startling him. He smiles at me, before listening to my demand.

"I thought it was a dream last night. Did I really sleep with you?"

"Yeah. I wanted to check up on you since you weren't answering your phone. I had nothing better to do," I shrug, grabbing a plate and putting the eggs on it. I walked a little to my right to pop some toast in the toaster.

"Did I do anything last night?"

"Believe it or not, you pushed me away thinking I was some rando," I laughed. "Once I got it through you thick skull that it was me, you dragged me to your bed and knocked out."

"Phew!"

"Why, you hiding something from me?"

I looked at the counter where he was sitting at. His phone was next to him but the birthday card was gone. He didn't want me to know.

"No, I'm not."

"Swear?"

"I swear."

"Then why didn't you mention it was your birthday yesterday?" I ask as I put his toast on a paper towel. I looked back at him, and he's glaring hard at his food. I lean against the counter, my elbows keeping me up.

"I didn't think it was important."

"That's complete bullshit," I spit. "I would have love to spend time with you. But you're over here ignoring all your birthday texts and drinking by yourself. "

"I wanted to be alone."

"A simple, "I want to be left alone", text would have suffice Grayson."

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes before looking at him. There was a frown on his face, and he was playing with his food now.

"Look, I get that you're not used to someone checking up on you and being there for you, but I'm here. And I understand if you need space. Don't go drinking your self to oblivion now."

"Okay."

I grab his hand. He interlocks our fingers and kisses my knuckles. "I don't know what I would do with out you."

Scary thing is, I don't know what he would do without me either.