My love for the Pharaoh

"Where can I start?"

"Start any where, at the end or even at the beginning it is up to you. It is your story to tell."

"Why should I tell it though?"

"A problem shared is a problem halved."

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT RUBBISH!"

"Calm down please, I am sorry I offend you."

"MY God you offended me. I pay you to help and this is the rubbish you hand out."

"You Majesty please do not get the wrong idea....."

....."Don't sweet talk me! Young man I have way more power and authority than you now give me some respect! What do they teach you at school? How to show no respect to you ruler!"

I walked away from the door at this point I knew my eavesdropping wasn't a good idea. Things never go well for nosy people outside of here I gather it is the same for people inside.

I heard the bolt on the door turn and I started to run. If I am caught in the forbidden corridor then I will be discharged then I would have to work on the pyramids. I am so glad I don't, I see them slaving away under the sun. Well the only reason I do not work on the pyramids if because, of my father. He used to always say to keep your head down and only spoke when spoken to unless in a situation you have to speak first. That is how I ended up here. I worked my way up kept my head down and mouth shut. Well me I am the servant to the Pharaoh himself. He is so kind to me. My family well I don't talk to them much it is quite hard when they are in another country. I wish they could see me now. I am not their brown eyed little girl no more. I am a woman with brown eyes with black hair down to the dimple in my back. Oh I love my hair playing with it putting it up in different styles. Even the Pharaoh compliments my. Is that right? Should he do that? I am barely a woman.

Things would never go that way. He is royal blood it is impossible yet how I wish. I must keep my mind from wondering way and thinking of such things.

  I finally got to the main corridor I walked up it to the corner then turned around and walked back past the door to the forbidden corridor as I walked past again The Pharaoh came out.

"Femi can you bring some wine and grapes up to my chambers, two glasses please. "

I bowed and he walked of in the direction of his chambers. I wonder who the second glass is for oh well not my business. The kitchens are my favourite place they are full of hustle and bustle either people cooking or eating it is never empty it is the best room in the whole palace. The smell is beautiful I love it. Draws you in closer and closer it is bread day today so the smell if warm bread fills the air. Right I need to get the Pharoah's water he will be mad if I don't. I walked back up the steps from the kitchens to one of the main floors. This is where balls, meetings and conventions. It is truly beautiful, the ceilings are high, full of light, the ceiling has many different markings it is amazing I sometimes wish I could own it. 

I go up the next set of servant stairs. This is where all the chambers are. The Pharoah's is the biggest. There is a balcony which he can look out over his city. It is stunning especially at night when it is lit up by the lights of peoples homes. 

*knock knock knock*

"Come in." I heard the Pharaoh's booming voice. He doesn't sound to happy. I opened the door walking in, closing the door with my foot. I walked over to the table placing the water down, pouring some of it into a glass then putting it in front of him. 

"Thank you." He said still not looking up. He was sat down at the table. 

"Your Majesty are you okay?" I asked nervously while I was sorting out his room ready for later.

"Femi, it is just my life. I never knew it would be this hard. Everyone wants me to find a wife but, there it someone I want but, I can't have her. She is not royal blood they say."

"Oh, well. That is horrible, they can't stop you for marrying the women you want to can they?" This can't be true can it? That is horrible. No one can stop someones heart. Can they? 

"I thought that to however, they can. I never knew until yesterday. Sometimes I wish I could have a normal life like you Femi, no one controlling who I can marry or what I do."

"Your Majesty, my life isn't all what you think. We do have to be careful and there is always someone controlling part of your life no matter who you are."

"That is very true but, you get to be with who you want to be with Femi that is what I mean."

"No I can't be with who I want. Your Majesty is that all?"

"What do you mean Femi you can't be?"

"Please Your Majesty I would like to keep my personal life personal. You understand?"

"Yes I do Femi. You can go."

I walked out of his chambers shutting the door behind me. I can't believe this.