Chapter Three- A Sister's Duty

The male tribute was Ethan. I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it. My body was frozen solid. So was his. Two Peacekeepers harshly escorted us into the Justice Building.

They put me inside a room with green velvet pillows and oak wood end tables. Such luxury. The first of much.

After a few minutes, The door opened and my family was shoved in by Peacekeepers. "Emerson!" They shouted. My little sisters were crying. So was my mother. "Come here." I murmured as they ran into my arms.
After a few minutes of hugging, the Peacekeepers came and pulled them away. "NOOO!!" Screamed Delilah and Emma. "Win! For us!" Emma yelled. "I will!" Even though I was cut off by the door slamming, still felt guilty, because I know I can't win.

It's a sister's duty.

The hours after that are hazey, all I remember is riding to the train, taking a nap in my room, and having the best meal I have EVER tasted.
The first course was a delicious lamb stew, but the second course couldn't be beat. Well, only by the amazing honey-coloured pudding. Yum.

"REAPING TIME!" Cooed Zoee as she clicked on the TV. Just then, Joanna Mason, the mentor, walked into the car.

I smiled. Yes! I got Joanna! I thought. Joanna Mason was notorious for being the best mentor in District 7. "Hey." She said.

The TV buzzed as if to get our attention. After the reapings were over, Ethan made a tribute list.
D1: Kimble, Gregory
D2: Bea, Tool
D3: Henn, Yacob
D4: Noel, Xavier
D5: Shimmer, Zander
D6: Judith, Ferdinand
D7: Us.
D8: Xenna, Carmen
D9: Issa, Issac
D10: Tris, Noir
D11: Lara, Redwood
D12: Winnifred, Drew
I really didn't want to kill these people. Then again, Murphy's law.