Chapter Eight- Capitol Luxury

The next few days were simple.

Wake up, eat, shower, train, eat, shower, sleep, repeat.

On the second day of training, I gave 1, 2 and 3 lots of dirty looks. I also noticed that the climbing tree was gone and replaced with ropes. Good. A reminder to the careers.
I also made sure to show off my axe skills.
I decided to team with 12, because they're both twelve year olds.

Then comes the private sessions.
We are seated in the lunchroom, waiting for our name to be called.
I'm glad I'm not Winnifred, because she has to go last.

I basically stare into nothingness until a sudden jolt brings me back to reality.

"Ethan Skye, District Seven." Says a loudspeaker.

He walks through the doors and I tap my foot impatiently. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes pass.

I even consider taking a nap, but my name eventually is called. I shuffle/walk into the session.

I had decided to work on throwing knives, because I needed one melee weapon, and one long-distance. I do realize you can throw axes, but I wanted a backup weapon, too.

So I picked up a few knives and an axe, and arranged a bull's eye in front of me. I then threw the knives at the bulls eye, making sure the Gamemakers couldn't see. They smiled and clapped as I spun it around for them to see.
I had thrown the knives in the shape of a 7.
For a grand finale, I twirled the axe like staff and then walked out.