Chapter Five- The Look

My prep team was inhuman.
I hated them. Always galloping around saying, "Oh, look, a hair!" Or "Oh well, we'll make do!"
After HOURS of torture, it was finally over. I sighed. My body was completely raw from being waxed so many times. Then my stylist came in. He had side-combed blonde hair, and green flecked eyes. I let out a sigh of relief. At least he wasn't so artificial.

"Hello," he said in his quiet voice, "My name is Darian. Come, let's get lunch."

I pulled my thin robe tighter around me as we walked into a medium room with leather couches and a mahogany coffee table. On it sat a large bowl of fruit and two bowls of light green soup.
"Thanks." I said as I sat down. The soup was wonderful, it could only be described as tasting like springtime. I can only imagine how I must have looked, drinking the soup as if there was no tomorrow. Darian pulled out a notebook from his leather bag and set it on the table. "Here. Do you like it?" He asked. On the page was a drawing of a me. I blushed. I wasn't used to having myself drawn before. In the drawing, I was wearing a beautiful costume made to look like a tree. It wasn't a cheesy costume, but genuinely beautiful. There was a collar made to look like vines, and a leaf-patterned dress that, according to the paper, exerted leaves when I moved.

"Wow." I whispered, knowing that it would in no way make up for his gesture.

I was very nervous for the parade, even though I looked stunning. As soon as I got into the waiting area, I scanned it for Ethan. I chuckled lightly when I saw him.
He was wearing a lumberjack outfit and holding an axe across his shoulder. I was the tree and he was the lumberjack. Funny.
I like how it symbolises that we can still make puns when we are going to fight to the death. As I walk over, I notice he is talking to the boy from 12. The boy is wearing a belted jumpsuit and a miner's helmet. He holds a pickaxe like a cane.

Oh well. Must've got a first time stylist. I think.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see his girl counterpart, dressed in an almost exact same outfit, motioning for him to get in the chariot. I take notice of her side-braid, and make sure to use it later. Then the anthem starts, and I run the rest of the way.

----------------------

I do realise I have made some mistakes!!! Please do not hate on me because of this.
I am too lazy to fix them right now, but maybe in the morning. Also, thanks
To the people who actually read my book, it means a lot.
UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!