Chapter Seven- Training Day

I yawned. The Capitol beds are so soft.
Last night, I slept like a baby.

I barely remember anything after dinner, besides collapsing onto my bed.

As I sit up, I realize I fell face-first onto my bed, because I have a crook in my neck, I'm not under the covers, I am wearing normal clothes, and I'm sprawled out in a way I cannot imagine could have been comfortable.

After I brush my hair. I decide to take a warm shower, and quickly realize that when the glass gets foggy you can use your finger to write on it. Since Ethan and I share a bathroom, I decide to leave him a message.

Hi. Write on glass while fogged.

It isn't much, but it's enough.
After painstakingly looking through my dresser, I see there are HEAPS of outfits to choose from.
After a minute of lip-biting indecisiveness, I decide on a light green tank top with a furry jacket and bell-bottom jeans.
I groan and face-palm when I see an outfit already laid out for me.
It's a black jacket with '7' marked on the sleeves and the back, black pants and leather shoes.
I realize this could really hurt me in the arena, my habit of not noticing things right in front of me.

I make a mental note to work on that.
I put on the outfit (except the shoes) and skid into the breakfast area, almost definitely late. "What time is it?" I huff.
You can tell by Zoee's expression that this is a first.
"Umm... Eight o' clock." Says Ethan. I feel my cheeks flush as I sit down to the food.
After breakfast, we get to ride a crystal elevator.
I feel like a little kid, wanting to push all the buttons. I mean, who doesn't like to push buttons?

I'm sad when we have to get out and train. I quickly take in my competition. Today only confirms my suspicions about six. I groaned. Wow, I groan a lot.
I refrain from the axes, at the end of the day, I tell myself. I choose to go to the climbing station, just for fun. To my extreme delight, there is a fake tree available to climb.

I slip my shoes off and climb it for an hour or so, trying to beat my speed. After the hour is up, I manage to get it down to ten seconds to the very top. Living in seven pays off. I climb it once more, just for fun.

I never realized this, but if you press a certain button on the ground, specific branches fall off when you grab them. Apparently the couple from two decided to play a trick on me. You can fill in the rest. As I came crashing to the ground, I made a few spit-second decisions.

They were:

No getting knocked out,

get mad at the people laughing,

show pain tolerance,

try to be REALLY mad and get intercepted by the coach.

I did all of them. Kimble looked very shocked, and Gregory seemed almost to equate me with a rabid squirrel, as they took me away. I smiled. Mission complete.