।। Prologue ।।

Prologue

Elaine's P.O.V

I carry destruction, grief, carved river deep in my bones specialised in wrecking balls, I know how to bring the whole thing down, I survey the broken, I claim it as wholeness and name it all good.
I know well the holy necessity of beginning again. I have gone mad to were I decided I put back everything and be the kind and happy girl I used to be.

______

I smiked at the security man standing in front of the pub. I could sense the enthusiasm of Lilith beside me, her lips could hardly hold back a grin. Thea was merely busy chewing her gum.

"Please your identifications, ladies."

I nodded grabbing all of our IDs then handing them over to him. Not seconds later he passed us through.

The music was loud enough to let all people of New York City hear it. We were visiting New York. And since its our last night here we decided to loosen up and have fun. Though I am not a fan of such events. London awaits for us tomorrow night.

"Lilith, I'll go grab a drink."

She nodded and left off to somewhere.

I ordered myself a drink, looking around I took a sip. Though I've drank alcohol so many times from now yet I still can't miss the burning sensation when it goes down my throat.

Not minutes later, I heard sounds, noises of shattering glass and loud thuds. I wouldn't expect less.

I made my way to search for Lilith and Thea but found neither. I grabbed my phone and texted both that I am leaving. I had barely sat in this pub for ten minutes.

I made my way outside to find a guy wearing a leather biker jacket walking out hands in his pockets. I'm guessing that's the guy after the trouble caused. Men these days.

I hugged myself and walked towards the street waiting for a taxi to stop by. I breathed in the cold air and exhaled. You could see the foggy frosty breath that came out from the cold weather.

The guy with the motorcycle passed by in an enormous speed splashing all the mud and rain over me. I gasped and looked down.

"There are people on the street, you know!" I yelled after him, glaring at the fading bike.

I groaned and then my eyes spotted a taxi. I run in front of the car and it screeched to a stop.

"You crazy woman! Have you gone mad?!" The driver yelled from the window.

"Sorry." I mumbled getting into the back seat.

I told him the hotel address and he drove off.

Once we got there, I paid and said a thank you hurrying to go up to my room and get into the puffy covers.

I jumped on my bed and sighed. I need to take a shower first.

I got up lazily and got in for a fast shower. When I was done I got dressed up in my pj's and fell asleep in my own thoughts.

_________

This is my new book, and I hope you liked the prologue. Those who have read "My Favorite Mistake" if you don't remember Rowan that guy that was with his friends and fought Hayes at a pub. This is the same event. It happened chapter 17.

Anyway please comment and drop a vote.

Love ya ❤❤