Chapter II : Staring Is Impolite

|1186 words|

Elaine's P.O.V

After our arrival, my mother welcomed us in her cozy house with pleasure. And God how I missed it. I just loved wooden houses. I missed the neighborhood and how we would play out my mother's backyard and the park where there is this basketball court and people used to call us tomboys.

And just as I expected she had us prepared an Apple cinnamon pie. After unpacking and eating from the pie, my mom had to go to work. You see, she works night shifts so we have the house all to ourselves till tomorrow. And mom goes to groceries after work in the morning then with her friends so she won't be back till noon.

Plus, she lets us do whatever we want in her house. I have a cool mother, I know.

We were all sitting and playing truth or dare and that kind of games. But then I wanted to go out to the park where we used to play but since it was kinda late only Thea agreed into joining me.

We put on our jackets and ran towards the park through the dark streets with goofy grins plastered on our faces.

Once we got to the park we made our way towards the basketball playground. After we played around, we separated our ways into two alleys to look around since we've really missed the neighborhood.

I sighed into the cold air but froze at the raspy voice.

"Why is such a beautiful lady like you out at such late time at night? It's dangerous out there." His sarcasm filled my ears urging me to roll my eyes.

I looked at the man leaning on the wall with his arms crossed.

"Is it now?" I said back with the same tone of sarcasm.

He stepped away from the wall and slowly walked towards me.

"Come near me, and I'll scream." I warned.

He smirked but didn't stop moving my way.

"Aren't you a cute little thing." He said brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. I made a disgusted face and pulled my knee up hitting him where the sun doesn't shine.
I run up the alley and sighed when I realized he didn't follow.

I sat down leaning my head on the wall but jumped startled as a familiar deep voice spoke sending me shivers.

"Quite a show."

I glared at him and rolled my eyes.

"You are unbelievable. You knew his intentions yet you were just watching and did nothing!"

"You handled it."

"What are you doing here, rude boy?" I asked annoyingly.

"It's a free country." He commented as he lit a cigarette.

No shit.

"Smoking is bad." I pointed out.

He paused and looked at me.

"Your point?"

I rolled my eyes and continued.

"You can die from that thing."

"I didn't know." He said sarcastically. I pushed myself from the wall and stared at him as he blew away the smoke and wrote a text on his phone.

"Staring is impolite." He mumbled his eyes fixed on the phone. My eyes widened and I cleared my throat and looked away.

"I wasn't staring."

"Right. Now I would advise you to leave." He said nonchalantly.

"And why would I?"

He walked towards me and my breath hitched as he stood so close, expressionless and sighed, his breath tickling my neck.

"Because, love, it's going to get messy and I don't think you would like to watch. Not that I care." He stated.

"What do you mean messy?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"God, you ask too many questions." He said and roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the alley.

"Now leave." He said and walked back there. I glared at his retreating figure and huffed.

I went looking for Thea only to bump into her in the park.

"Where the hell were you?!" She whisper yelled at me.

"Around."

She raised her eyebrows suspiciously but sighed not able to catch anything.

"Well whatever, let's go."

I nodded and just as we turned to leave we heard gunshots that sounded so close coming from that alley.

"Oh shit." Thea commented.

"I think we should leave. Like right now."

"Why? Don't you want to see what's happening?" She said excitedly.

"Are you nuts?! Of course I don't."

"It wouldn't be the first time I witness gunshots, but for you it's like a dangerous adventure! Let's go!" Before I had the chance to object she pulled me in as we hid behind a corner watching what seemed like men dressed in black hoodies. But suddenly a man shot them all.

When they tried to fight him he would shoot one and punch the other. And I would take a wild guess and say it's rude boy. So that's what he meant by messy.

Wait a second... he just shot someone! People! Oh my God and there is blood and... I think I'm gonna either throw up or faint. Or both.

"Oh my God, we should call the police." I said ready to grab my phone but Thea's eyes widened and she grabbed my phone away.

"No!"

"What?! Why not?" I whisper yelled.

Her eyes widened once again and suddenly told me to run as she scurried away. Run? Why would I run?

"I thought I told you to leave."

I jumped and my eyes widened as I turned around but bumped into a chest.
I looked up and met his bored hazel eyes.

"I'm sorry-y." To say I was afraid of him was an understatement. Yes, I am scared for my life after what I saw.

"Were you going to call the police?" He asked with a slight smirk.

I nodded but my eyes widened and I instantly shook my head.

"Good Girl. Now go home and forget this ever happened."

I nodded and ran out of the alley tagging Thea along who was dying of laughter. I swear I am going to kill her.

We stopped in front of the door catching our breath as I death glared at her.

"How can you leave me out there?!" I yelled at her angrily.

"How can you not tell me you met a fucking hot guy like him?!"

I looked at her in disbelief and scowled.

"That's not the point!"

"Fine, I'm sorry."

"And what do you mean met him? I don't even know his name."

"Well from what I heard he already talked to you before. I knew there was something suspicious." She said and smirked.

"Yeah well whatever. He is so rude. Like very rude and not to say a total jerk." I said and rolled my eyes.

She shook her head and grabbed my hand as we walked into the house.

______

Hey loves!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please comment and drop a vote.

Love ya