Chapter V : Memorable Dance

|897 words|

Elaine's P.O.V

I am so excited for today. After work, I have a dance session to attend since I haven't danced for so long.

I got dressed in an oversized plane navy t-shirt and same color leggings. I drove my way to the garage and realized we had a lot of work today.

I threw my car keys on Jack's table and the three turned around to look at me.

"So glad you are here. Get to work!" Jack said looking exhausted and pointed for me to help with the broken jeep.

I nodded and went over to a jeep that Rowan was working on. He was  busy working on it that he didn't notice my presence. I froze when I realized he was shirtless. Oh my God.

You can do it Elaine just ignore the glory of his eight pack...

I looked up and saw him staring down at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You are here to work, not stare." He commented making me gulp.

"I know that. Now allow me to help you." I said ignoring his aggressive tone.

Yes, I will have to be nice and kind to him. And that's how I will get closer to him and know what happened in the alley.

He snorted and motioned for me to come closer as he explained the case of the car and we worked on it for 3 hours. After we were done. We both sighed and sat down leaning on the car.

He ran a hand through his hair and lit a cigarette.

"Do you always smoke?" I asked him while staring curiously at him.

He didn't answer just stared ahead and blew the smoke.

I rolled my eyes and hugged my knees to my chest.

"What happened in that alley?" I asked not daring to look his way.

"How is it any of your business?"

"Because I was a witness..I could always just recommend the police but-"

"Mind your own problems before you talk about mine." He warned and got up.

I frowned and got up as well.

As soon as I got paid, I went home. I walked in the shower then got dressed and placed a crop top and dancing shorts in my backpack.

Once I got to the studio I looked around and saw my partner waiting for us to start the dance. I smiled at the coach in the end of the room.

My partner and I took our places and waited for the soft flow of music to begin. Once it started we took a step forward and bowed.
We circled each other, our gaze remained locked. He placed his hand on my back, my hand on his shoulder, and our free hands finally met. Together, we danced to the music, our feet in perfect sync to the beating of my heart. As the song progressed I felt relaxed, and allowed a small smile to form on my lips.

I allowed him to take me anywhere he pleased on this dance floor. He went right, I went right. He sped up, I sped up. We became one with the song, with the dance and with each other. We continue like that until we had to separate. I did my part of the solo and he did his and then we did the finale and voilá.

You see its a part of the dance to feel combined with your partner so you make every move a memorable dance. That's a part some dancers assume they don't need, though it's a basic part of moving when you dance.

If the audience can get a feel for the moment, it will make the scene more memorable. A feel means to have a heart with eyes and see the connection and the bond between the couple. It's took us around a year to learn and mostly understand how to do it.

I heard clapping and turned around to see a grinning coach and-

"Rowan?"

"You forgot your keys."

My eyes widened In surprise and I grinned as I jumped to him and held his hands.

"You actually came all the way just to give me the keys?"

"Meh, Jack took an hour to convince me."

My smile fell and I let go of his hands as I scowled.

"Ass."

"Whatever." He was about to leave when I remembered to ask him and grabbed his arm.

He stopped and looked at me annoyingly.

"So what do you think of the dance?" I asked him excitedly. Please care.

He paused and tagged on a fake grin. That means a rude comment is coming up.

"Horrible."

Yup.

"Why did you clap then?" I said glaring at him childishly.

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Yeah no." It was going to be something rude too so whatever.

He nodded and turned around walking his way out.

I crossed my arms and turned around as my partner high fived me. I grinned and turned to my coach.

"Marvelous performance, Danielle."

I smiled at her and she left. I packed my things and drove home.

Thea and Lilith must be back. I'm so on for Disney movies.

______

Hey loves!

I hope you liked the chapter. The dance part was real deep. Am not a dancer but...
Anyway please drop a vote and comment.

Love ya <3