Chapter IV : Poetry Day

|970 words|

Elaine's P.O.V

It was poetry day and I was so excited to read my poem. I was nervous looking at the audience. Today after I was finished from work I instantly headed towards the library that was doing the poetry competition and got myself ready.

It's not only that I like writing poems but also it helps me in college.

I was getting more nervous when my name came close. Thea couldn't make it but Lilith was on first row..in case I threw up she got a bucket. I don't have stage fright but this is really important for me to win so it's fine to be nervous about it.

I heard my name and sucked in a breath.

I got on stage and took a deep breath. I saw Lilith give me thumbs up and show me the bucket reassuringly. I almost laughed in front of everybody. I cleared my throat and spoke on the microphone with an old English accent.

"We cross our bridges as we come to them and burn them behind us   

With nothing to show for our progress
Except a memory of the smell of smoke

And the presumption that once our eyes watered

We come to realize our mistakes
Only to see a trail of  lost thoughts

It's too late to correct them
As a flashback of the smell of smoke follows

Give and take is what we know to be
The way to true happiness and peace

And we give and we give and we give
In the hopes that, from us

The rest of mankind will learn to do so too
I am talking about the mankind 
That's lost today and we're unable to find

You do know it, I do know It,
That it's all our fault

We kept digging ourselves in a dark pit
As the search never starts 

We have gone too deep to reach the gates of hell
And still we are sleeping, that's all I can tell

The search begins on the Mark
When we will help our fellows who Live

Whether to a human, Animal or Bark
We have to do our part and give,

Give them light to end the dark,
At least try to make a spark.

The search ends in the place
We all can only dream of making a start to end this chase

I know that the path is rough
It's the only force that binds
Don't quit till you find the lost mankind."

Once I was done there was the audience clapping and applauding. I smiled and chuckled.

"Thank you." I said into the microphone and got down. I squealed as I saw Lilith.

I hugged her and grinned.

"That was awesome, Elle!!"

"Thank you."

"Real deep, Kitten." I heard a familiar deep voice behind me.

I turned around and saw a grinning Liam and a bored Rowan.

Wait Rowan?

You have got to be kidding me.

"Hey." I said to Liam kindly. He smiled to me then I turned to Rowan and my smile dropped replaced by a sarcastic one.

"Rude boy."

"Kitten."

"Kitten? That's the best nickname you can find me? I don't think I look like a cat." I asked with crossed arms.

"You can't know what goes in my imagination. You might look like a kitten." He said sarcastically and lit a cigarette.

"Why is a guy like you here anyway?"

"A guy like me? Please elaborate."

I rolled my eyes and leaned on the wall.

"Bad. Murderer. Careless. Reckless. Should I continue?"

"Nah, I got the image."

"I dragged him into here." Liam said proudly reminding me of his presence.

"Oh by the way, this is Lilith. Lilith this is Liam and Rowan."

She nodded and smiled but Rowan glared at her and she looked away.

I scowled and grabbed her hand.

"Well excuse us, we need to leave." Liam nodded just as we walked to my car.

"I'm guessing that's the jerk you were talking about?"

"Yup."

"Rowan Roosevelt. Bad boy of the city and hottest guy ever?"

"You know him?"

"Who doesn't?"

I rolled my eyes and drove us home.

Thea and Lilith went to a pub after we came home but I refused to go since I was kinda tired. I decided to sit on my laptop for a bit to check in the social media life.

I couldn't help but search for Rowan's account. I clicked on his profile and saw he had no pictures posted and was following no one but had 93K followers on instagram. Wow.
How can people like someone so rude and cold?

I shouldn't judge.

I laid on my back and closed my eyes. Remembering the events at the park made slightly confused. Sure I was scared but confused.

I am a very curious person. And  sometimes I wonder why he is so rude. Why he would murder people. Or why he isn't in jail..
I'll admit I'm a person who likes to fix things..

And I wonder what had happened with Rowan that made him kill and be the way he is. Cold and careless. Doesn't he has a family? Maybe a girlfriend.

Maybe it's a bad idea but I will find out the mystery of that guy. Starting with the park event.

______

Hey loves!
I hope you like the chapter and My Poem!!
I don't know if everyone understood the meaning but whoever didn't and is interested to know just PM or I will explain in a reply to your comment.

Please comment and drop a vote. Oh and sorry the chapter was kinda shorter than the others.

Love ya <3