Chapter XXXV: You did Something Wrong

Chapter XXXV: You Did Something Wrong.

Elaine's P.O.V

I was still laying on the bed when Rowan walked in and into the bathroom.

I heard the sound of the water and I sat up.

"I really need to get my shit together." I said to myself.

I dialed Jack's number.

"Elaine?"

"Hi, Jack."

"How have you been? Haven't been seeing you much around." He said.

I breathed in. "I'm good enough. I was thinking of coming back to work."

"Absolutely. That would be great, we need your help here. How about you come tomorrow morning?"

"Really? Oh my god, that's perfect. Thanks a lot." I mumbled in relief.

"Don't worry about it. See you."

"Bye, Jack." I hung up.

I stood up and went to my closet taking out an outfit.

Rowan came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his hips.

"Where are you going?"

I didn't turn around, I kept looking through my clothes.

"Out." I mumbled.

I felt him moving behind me and suddenly he snatched my forearm agressively and pulled me up so I was facing him.

"Out where?" He strictly said.

I pulled my arm from his grasp and glared at him. "Just out. That's all the necessary information you need to have."

"I decide what is the necessary information I need to have. Now, tell me exactly where you are going."

Staring had almost become our form of communication. We just looked at each other, each glaring at the other, each trying to maintain dominance over a certain case.

In his long stares is where I saw his bitterness, I think that when two people stare at each other in that way, all the love is not only lost but transformed into a powerful hatred.

I turned around grabbing my clothes and walking in the bathroom. I grabbed the door knob attempting to close the door but it was banged open. I jumped and again scoffed at Rowan.

"I don't question you when you go out, do I? So leave me alone."

He tilted his head. "You don't question me? Are you kidding me? You investigate me."

I rolled my eyes. "For other reasons."

"I don't care about your reasons. I asked a question and you will answer me." He deadpanned.

I narrowed my eyes. "If you keep nagging and being so stubborn, I'll be even more determined to not answer."

"Elaine." He warned.

"I'm going to my dance class, okay?! Am I allowed, dear husband? Or do you want me locked in here?" I yelled sarcastically.

"From now on, you don't leave this house without telling me where you are going or without taking permission. Do you understand?" He said.

My jaw dropped. "Excuse you, do I need a permission to breathe too?"

He looked at me for a moment then left. And I shut the door.

I changed my clothes and fixed my appearance a bit then walked out of the house without taking a glance at Rowan at all.

Rowan's P.O.V