Chapter XX : Fifty Shades Of Red

Kindly Insert your playlist here.

Listen to The Unforgiven by Metallica (Love that song.) Has absolutely nothing to do with the Chapter.

Elaine's P.O.V

(RECOMMENDED Listen to Said I loved you but I lied by Micheal Bolton FOR THE BALL {optional}) [Above ^]

The applause of the audience died down as I tried to ignore the stares Rowan and I received. At last, we took our places and waited for the flow of music to begin.

Once it started we took a step forward and bowed. We circled each other, our gaze remained locked. Rowan placed his hand on my lower back, my hand on his shoulder, and our free hands finally met.

I averted my gaze away, and bit my lip in nervousness. His captivating cologne swirling around my aura. He turned elegantly, his body in tune with the music. Yet, there was a sort of harshness to him, like he was someone who shouldn't be underestimated. I didn't quite care at the moment. Was it because I was falling in love with a rude murderer I hardly knew? The warmth between us grew more powerful by the second.

You are the candle, love's the flame
A fire that burns through wind and rain
Shine your light on this heart of mine
Till the end of time
You came to me like the dawn through the night
Just shinin' like the sun
Out of my dreams and into my life

I caught the gaze of my mother grinning cheekily, or basically drooling over the sight of us.

So here is what is happening : Richard kind of arranged a masquerade ball as for the celebration of Rowan and I' s engagement that I had no idea about. Although, I did kind of indirectly agree to Rowan's deal. And mum kind of forced me to dance with Rowan. Not that I mind.

Said I loved you but I lied
'Cause this is more than love I feel inside
Said I loved you but I was wrong
'Cause love could never ever feel so strong
Said I loved you but I lied

He guided me across the dance floor as if we were in a dream. He kept his eyes on me, yet still, he knew exactly where to take me. Every moment, every angle seemed to be planned in advanced. Nothing felt forced; I literally thought I was floating.

"Rowan," I whispered, "-everyone is staring at us."

He raised an eyebrow, a low chuckle escaping his lips, making my breath hitch at the sound.

"And?"

"It's weird." I whispered again, doing a face.

"Do you know why they are looking?" He asked, a small smirk playing at his lips.

"Why?"

With all my soul I've tried in vain
How can mere words my heart explain
This taste of heaven so deep so true
I've found in you
So many reasons in so many ways
My life has just begun
Need you forever, I need you to stay

He leaned forward, near my ear, his hot breath tickling my skin.

"Because it's odd to them to see an ugly goat dancing with a handsome man like me." He whispered and muffled his laughs from the crowd in my hair.

My eyes glared at him, and I pinched his shoulder.

"Thanks a lot, you're such an ass."

He calmed his laughs, and looked down at me. His facial expressions turning straight and serious. He pursed his lips in a thin line, his fingers reached up to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.