Chapter XXXIII: Only the Beginning

Elaine's P.O.V

"You're so naive."

"You're lying." I commented.

"Why would I lie?"

"Because it's ridiculous! There is no way you could have fooled me this entire time, it doesn't make sense. Our parents-"

He interrupted. "Our parents don't know shit. This was an undercover mission. Don't you get it? It's a part of the job to fool everyone."

I didn't say anything. I kept my mouth shut because I was too busy running memories in my head and analyzing every situation we were in and it still didn't make any sense.

"Also how would I know all about your past? All about the black box, your identity-"

"Shut up, Rowan. Anyone could've told you." I said.

"Like who?"

"I..I don't know."

"Look, dear. You're confused right now, let me clear things up for you. The truth is this : I am a member of the shadow gang, I was undercover with the mission to find out where the black box is and since it's taking too long the gang and I decided to drop the cover. Now I will take different measures, I'm sure you won't be able to keep your mouth shut. Soon enough you will spill the location of this damn box." He said with a sinister smile.

I feel like my whole image of him is crushed. The image I've built for the person I thought I loved is a completely different character.

"I really don't want to see you right now." I spoke in a low voice.

I avoided any eye contact, then I heard him get up. I looked up with the corner of my eye and I saw him walking upstairs to our bedroom.

He suddenly paused. His back was still facing me.

"You once said that you know my flaws better than I know them myself, and you said that it's the reason you always forgive me. I wonder if you would do the same now."

He continued his way, leaving me with so much confusion and so much betrayal.

I just can't accept the fact that I was fooled by this sickening gang after all the sacrifices I've made, it feels like in a flick of a finger they've turned to dust, gone for nothing.

I've turned my life into a lie, and it seems like the shadow gang was two steps ahead of me.

I don't even know what to think. Out of all the people that I could've thought of betraying me in this way, but him.

It was totally uncalled for. What am I supposed to do now? I love him with every bit of my heart and now I'm stuck in a situation were I have to crush my feelings.

I sighed and laid my head back on the couch, I closed my eyes feeling the weight of my psychological worries and tireness. The black color that engulfed me was so relieving.

I slowly felt myself dosing off into a senseless sleep.

Rowan's P.O.V

She's sleeping.

I dialed a number.

I said."Well? What do you want me to do?"

"I'll send you an address. Go there tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. Kill her."

"Kill who?" I said annoyingly.

"When you go there you'll find out. Do not fail me, or your daughter dies."