Chapter XXIV : I Got Drunk For Nothing

Listen to far away by staind. (FAVORITE BAND)

Kindly insert your playlist here.

Elaine's P.O.V

I laughed at Seb's dumb joke, but the reason its funny is because it's dumb. I shook my head at him and gulped down my fourth bottle of beer.

I couldn't bear the thought of Thea and Rowan in the same room together so I decided to get drunk. But then she left and I got drunk for nothing.

My phone was ringing. I furrowed my brows and then looked at the ID caller.

I was pissed. She has the audacity to call me?

"What?" I hissed in anger.

"Calm your horses. Get your ass outside we need to talk. You cannot ignore me for the rest of your life." Marianne spoke from the other side of the phone.

"Yes, I can. You're a bitch." I slurred.

"Are you drunk?!" Mum yelled.

I rolled my eyes and groaned in annoyance.

"Nah, I am fine. Now get the hell out of my driveway."

"Its either I come up or you go down." She drawled.

I hung up and stood up. I glanced sideways at Seb and motioned for him to follow me. Like I'd leave for Rowan's investigation.

I rushed downstairs and saw Rowan still on his laptop. He glanced up at me and smirked. I rolled my eyes and walked outside with Sebastian to where my mum was standing.

She looked surprised to see Seb so she engulfed him in a tight hug. She pulled away to look at me with a glare.

"I'm your mother. And your behavior is unacceptable." She pointed a finger.

"Oh shut it. Like talking shit about me makes you my mother." I hissed.

Her eyes narrowed and she clenched her fists.

"I already explained why I did what I d-"

"What Mom?! What is your good enough reason to risk the life of your daughter?! We've been running away for fucking YEARS now! And just because you've taken a liking in another woman's manwhore, does not give you a reason to spill about my ordeal. I've gone through shit. I haven't rested from worry and pain since childhood and when I finally think we wouldn't have to leave again, that I've found my life again, you come here and fuck me up all over again! You suck at being a mother."

I saw tears swelling up in her eyes but I ignored it and continued.

"Do you even know the importance of this? 'Cause mum, no, am not like other dramatic girls, I care about my life and I plan on keeping it. Just because you're not in my place and not in danger doesn't mean you're not as responsible for this as I am. If that bloody gang finds out about my location, I'm dead. And it won't be long before they kill you too. I am sick of hiding my real identity, and am sick of lying about my name and my origin. My whole life is a lie, but I'm coping with it. So instead of trying to make this worse on me, keep your goddamn mouth shut." I spat at her then span around, tugging Sebastian along.

I shut the door close and sighed in relief.

"Now that wasn't so bad now, was it?"

I shot him a glare and he immediately looked away.

"I think you should leave." I heard a voice. My head snapped to Rowan and I narrowed my eyes.

Seb looked from me to him for approval.