Chapter XXIX : Long Time No See, Rome Criminal

Rowan's P.O.V

I drove my way over to the address Elaine had sent me, feeling rather bitter and sick of having to deal with such situations related to her. First, I need to deal with the fact that she's my wife for the rest of my life, I have to fucking commit myself.

I do respect her feelings for me, I really do, but she is rather curious about me and always tends to find answers. I can't risk that. Sure I kissed her and have been intimate with her in a way, but that was... Well, I wouldn't call it love. Maybe simple attraction. 

I parked the car, and walked in the the restaurant, a woman walked my way with a tender smile.

"Excuse me, are you by any chance Mr. Roosevelt?" She asked.

"That's right."

"Would you please follow me this way? I'll escort you to your table."

I barely nodded and followed her to a table for two. I sat down and sighed annoyingly, It's already 8, why on earth isn't she here? Damn it.

I ran my hand through my hair, just as the waitress placed two cups of champagne on the table. The chair in front of me screeched and I looked up annoyed. It's Thea. How didn't I see that coming.

"Yes?" I asked her boredly.

"You need to listen to me."

"Right. Although, what you say doesn't concern me."

"It will. It is about your lovely wife, afterall." She mumbled with a fake smile.

"Where is Elaine, Thea?" I asked her firmly.

"Beats me. But I do know that you are here right now, and she isn't. So I can speak with you freely." She stated.

"She was supposed to be here. What nonsense have you done?"

"Why are you jumping to conclusions? Why would I do anything to my friend?"

"Then what is it that you want to talk about concerning my wife?" I asked with a sigh.

"I am here to narrate a story."

"A story?"

"That's right. It's a good story alright. Let's start with the beginning, shall we?" She said with narrowed eyes.

Jason's POV

I called Rowan but he wouldn't pick up. Come on, come on.

I pressed the phone to my ear, looking behind me in case anyone barges in. I dialled his number again, and it went straight to voice mail. Damn it, Rowan. Why aren't you picking up?

I jumped, hearing voices outside the door. I grabbed the phone and hid under the office desk, just as the door smashed open. I could see shoes belonging to two people, they were talking something about searching the rooms upstairs and the place across. So there is a place across, huh?

I just need to find out our exact location and call 911 if Rowan doesn't answer again. Would Elle be okay with her brother going to Jail?

No, I should act accordingly. It doesn't matter if he's her brother, this is kidnapping. Now I only need a strategy.

I tried to hold my breathing when one of the men got near the desk, I heard him Sigh and move backwards.

"He's not here. Let's hurry before Leo finds out we've lost him."

They both moved away and I heard the door close shut.

I dialled Rowan's number and this time he actually picked up.