Chapter XII : Swooning Or Drooling

|1208 words|

Elaine's P.O.V

I woke up realizing we were at Aiden's, the sun shining through the window, I got up and looked around realizing that I have woken up early since the house was dead silent, excluding the slight snoring of Thea.

I walked in the shower, preparing myself for campus, after I was done and got dressed, I silently tipped- toed downstairs, from the corner of my eye catching the glimpse of a slightly opened door.

Curiosity got the best of me as usual and I walked towards it, peeking through. A nostalgic captivating scent reached my nostrils sending me to an edge... as my bones broke and my eyes turned yellow, my claws tall and sharp, turning into a furry wolf beast.

Just kidding.

I walked in and slowly shut the door. I looked around and the room was messy yet intriguing with all the wooden floors and walls. Small shelves facing the white sheeted bed, books neighboring DVDs and a bunch of awesome films as I looked through.

I walked towards the window, observing the enthralling view of the City.
Zoning out, allowing my thoughts to fade into the beauty of London I stared with a look of ecstasy.

Until, someone was pressed against me from behind, radiating indescribable heat. I froze and felt a hand remove a strand of hair that was covering my neck away.

One problem, I forgot to check to who this room belongs.

“What made you think that you can barge into my room?" His familiar accent rang through my ears. Yeah turns out he lives with Aiden.

He span me around so that I was facing him, my tongue was caught in a knot when I saw his shirtless chest, holding myself from swooning or drooling. Options available.

Making it worse, his to-die-for hair dripping wet, sweatpants hanging low on his hips.

I don't know why I didn't move, or why I didn't speak back. Inhaling his captivating cologne and swooning over his bare chest muscle.

He didn't seem fazed at all as he backed up, leaning on the bed with his hands over his chest.

“Well?"

I snapped back to reality and glared at him as a recovery, even though he noticed his avenues of distracting me.

“You could've locked the door." I pointed out.

“But I didn't. It's my room, I decide if I want to lock it."

Who am I kidding? He's right. He's always right for Christ's sake.

“Well, Imma leave then..-" I said chuckling nervously moving towards the door.

He caught my wrist and pulled me to him.

"Tell me, amore. Who were you talking with on the phone yesterday?" Rowan inquired curiously. (Love)

I froze and eyed him. He heard? How? I thought he was in the locker room?

"You heard? Wait, that's not important. It's none of your business."

"You looked dead scared. Can't blame me for being slight curious, Cara mia. Certainly, not after how you went stalking me like some sick obsessed fangirl dying for my attention." He said smugly taunting me with his touch on my forearm. (My darling)

He didn't just call me a fangirl.

"Watch it. I am no fangirl of yours and the last thing I need is the attention of a murderer."

He glared at me and dug his fingers in my arm making me wince.

"You wouldn't have to if you kept your nose in your business."

"We both know that wasn't gonna happen." I said and grinned.

"Then deal with the consequences of your mistakes, gattina." (Kitten)

"What's with the Italian nicknames? And I am dealing with them quite well." I said with a slight glare.

"Sure. I can see that."

"Was that sarcasm, asshole?" I boredly inquired.

"Not sure if my sarcasm is so advanced that you think I am a cynical asshole or if I am just a cynical asshole."

"Nope, just a cynical asshole."

"Glad you know I am and what an asshole does." He commented.

"I do. He fucks whoever has a vagina and acts like a dick."

He stared at me blankly then furrowed his eyebrows with a slight glint of a smirk.

"I'm confused, Cara mia. Are you offering me to fuck you?" He asked bluntly, inching closer as he closed the space between us and stared at me funnily.

I rolled my eyes at him, and crossed my arms.

"Not even in your dreams."

He tilted his head sideways and placed his hand on his chin in question.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Campus?"

My eyes widened and I promptly got in action. Well crap, I totally forgot, I was so engrossed with the conversation with Rude Boy.

I rushed out of his room, and swung my backpack over my shoulder hurrying out the front door. Once I was in my car, and driving, I got in thought of Rowan.

I can always just blackmail him through the recorded video. But Everytime I even get a slight thought of doing so I feel a pang of guilt in my chest. I've come to know him, that despite all the arguments, the idea of hurting him or suing him makes feel wrong. It's not like there is a connection between us but even that doesn't change my feelings of ruining him.

The bright side of suing him, that he would stop murdering people. I would be saving lives. At least that's how I see it. He's already a famous thief, and got the cops after his tail, not a doubt if the FBI gets involved. Rowan can be incredibly tricky and quite intelligent. I am sure he's already a step forward, even if he has absolutely no idea of the video, he will find a way of blackmailing me into deleting it.

That's why I should act clever too, I can always copy the video, in a way, even if he finds out, he wouldn't suspect me copying any files of the tape. I can make him think I'm not smart enough, or any of that sort. I will hide the copy somewhere safe that no one will ever find it.

I snapped out of plan thoughts and parked my way into the parking lot. The familiar sound of boisterous students rang through my ears, making a point that today is no different than any other. The people here are always on alarm, waiting for something different, perhaps interesting to happen and put some action into the dull campus life. I can tell they miss highschool drama.

I walked through the tight halls and into the lecture room.
When Professor Edmond walked in and began lecturing I received message from the monster I've been running away from for so long.

¦Sorellina, mi incontrare dietro l'edificio in fase di rottura. È meglio a venire

( Little sis, meet me behind the building at break time. You better come.)

I rolled my eyes but couldn't deny the slight shiver of nervousness that shot me. I am not afraid of him anymore but I don't want him to mess up my life again.

—————

Hey loves!

I hope you liked the chapter though I felt it was kinda short.

Please vote and comment.

Love ya