Chapter XVIII : A New Sort Of Bullying

|2600 words|

Kindly insert your playlist here.

Listen to Apologize by OneRepublic.

Elaine's P.O.V

I sat by the college outside stairs, randomly doodling in my notebook. I sighed and impatiently waited for the college bell to ring.

My head snapped towards the noise of giggling, and my nose wrinkled in confusion as I gazed upon a little girl running after a cat, right in front of the campus entrance. A man in a tidy black suit, standing firmly beside a dark limousine like some bodyguard.

The girl looked around four to five years, and ridiculously rich. My lips formed in a thin line as I crossed my arms and watched her eyes widen and lock with mine.

She smiled at me, then walked towards the tall, bulky man.

"Jo! I want Candy! Get me Candy!" She whined childishly, and tugged at his suit pants.

She's a child you know, she can act childish... Don't be mean.

I almost rolled my eyes at my smartass conscience, but then I huffed as I saw him hand her candy immediately.

Of course, rich people attempt to get whatever the hell the want, the second they ask for it.

I glared at the little girl that was now walking towards me. A toothy grin plastered on her face. Her auburn hair was tied back in a tidy braid with a ribbon tied in a bow, her Bang cupie curls obscuring her eyes like a sheepdog. She was dressed in a pink dress matching the color of her ribbon. Her sparkling ballerinas clicking on the pavement.

"Hello!" She muttered enthusiastically, her ocean eyes glistening In the sun.

I huffed and nodded at her, turning my gaze back to my weird doodles. Her tiny hand covered the paper I was about to draw on, my eyes grew irritated as I looked up at her.

"Why are you ignoring me? Nobody ignores me. I feel sad and lonely when you do that." She asked me with a frown, confusion lacing her tone.

"Well, that's very unfortunate for you. Now please, leave me alone." I mumbled annoyingly, shoving her hand away.

I drew a tree, and scratched randomly filling the void gap. An elfin figure Sat beside me, which am guessing is the brat.

I sighed and turned to her. She was smiling and picking different candies in her palm.

"What is your favourite candy? Is it yellow or red?" She inquired quietly, showing me the options.

I looked at her with narrowed eyes. Why is she bothering me? Why am I bothered from a child? It's not her fault she's rich, I guess.

"Cherry. The red." I said quietly too, keeping my face blank.

She widely grinned at me, placing four red candies in my palm.

"Thanks." I mumbled, tucking them in my pocket.

"I'm Rose."

"Elaine." I mumbled back, a small smile playing on my lips.

"Do you know why I am talking to you?" She asked me, tilting her head to the side.

"Not really."

"You are pretty, and you looked lonely."

"Thank you, Rose."

She smiled at me, showing her adorable dimples, her features seeming familiar, but am sure I don't know or knew anyone of that high wealth.